I need you.

She walked over to him. She took his jacket and smiled. "Thank you. I am so sorry Olivia. I didn't know what else to do." He picked up their drinks and turned to her and gave her the wine. "Rafael, you can come to me whenever you need. What happened to you? You didn't come in today and that temp was horrific. I hope I never have to see him again if he had have called me Bensone 1 more time I would have gone mad. " She said with a little laugh. They sat on the sofa. She faced him. "My mother is in hospital. I was in a meeting when it happened. I didn't even know Liv. I was in a meeting with another ADA and the DA and my phone rang 4 times. On the fourth the DA told me to answer it. My mother has been beaten up and pushed down the stairs Liv." He turned away from her trying not to cry. He gave up and just let the tears fall. Olivia took the scotch and placed it on the coffee table with her wine. "Rafael. I am so sorry. Come here." She knew saying this could risk a lot but she didn't mind. He turned back to her and he placed her arm around his back as he leaned forward to hug her. "Olivia. There's something else." He said as he moved back to see her face. She looked up towards him and said "Rafael..." She said. "Olivia. Liv. My mother will be okay and they got the man who did this to her. She told me to tell you the truth." He said as he wiped his face. "Rafael. What are you talking about?" He took a moment to prepare for the worse option. "Liv. I need you." Olivia took a sip of wine and did a victory dance mentally. "What the fudge. Rafael Barba needs me. If I am dreaming I don't want to wake up." She said in her head. "Barba... what are you on about?" She decided to play like she didn't know what he meant. "Olivia, I still remember the day I first met you. Captain Harris introduced you to me and I just remember me thinking that I wanted to get to know you better and be the one to make you laugh and maybe even be with." Barba got up and walked towards the door. He put on his jacket and turned around. "Olivia. I shouldn't have said that not with you being with Tucker." Olivia turned to him and said "I need you too Rafael." She got up and went to him. Barba looked confused. "I got rid of him. I got rid of Tucker after the took me to Paris. He wasn't good with Noah and I didn't really like him that much. Please take off your jacket and come here to me." She didn't have to tell Barba more than once he took off his jacket and went back towards the sofa. He didn't sit down. He placed his hand near Olivia and said "Take my hand Liv. Please." He put his hand around her lower back and put his other hand on her cheek. "Liv. In about 32 seconds I'm going to kiss you if you don't tell me to move or slap me. Then if you don't tell me to get out then I will ask you on a date. if you don't say no I will probably kiss you again." 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. He kissed her gently on her lips and moved his lips off of hers. "Yes. Just don't leave me tonight Rafael." This time it was her kissing him and he kissed her back and they went back to the sofa. Olivia buried her head in his chest and placed little kisses on it in the shape of a love heart and then ran her finger on the inside of the shape she had created and wrote L&R. She moved her head from his chest and kissed him again. "We had better get some sleep its nearly 1am." She said looking up at the clock. Barba chuckled and said "Are you inviting me to bed Olivia Benson?" As soon as Barba said it they both were laughing. Olivia thought that she could get used to this. "Well are you gonna go home? I assumed that you didn't bring your car." Barba knew that he either had to go home or he'd be on the couch and he decided not to make that choice. "Liv, where do you want me? I don't have a suit here but I don't mind calling in to the office saying I overslept if we need it." Liv put held her with his hand and pulled him off of the sofa with her and they kissed. Liv smiled at him and she said "I don't want to be alone without you tonight Rafael but I don't want you to be late either. Come over tomorrow please." Rafael knew she didn't want to say this but he didn't want to argue. "Okay Liv, I'll see you in the office. Goodnight." He kissed her cheek and left.