The Letter

Our story starts with the two eighteen year old girls. They both live together in a small two bed apartment it wasn't much to look at but it was a place the girls called home.

The walls were decorated in many different drawings of different styles, both girls had drawn them on the walls a few months back, the living room was full of drawings of people having weird conversations and standing in weird ways.

The living room was connected to the dining room and kitchen so they were decorated in the same way but the kitchen had drawings of people making food, drawings of meals the girls liked to eat. they had a big window that gave views of the country, fields trees the lake about two miles away.

The bedrooms were another matter Einin had wrote all over her walls telling a short story were as Kyna had drew instead also showing a short story. Colours were flowing all over the place, not one bit was a dull colour or without something on it.

This was the best way the girls expressed themselves of course they could talk again but they took solace in drawing and writing it was one of the best ways that they would tell others how they felt.

Einin was smallest than the two of them but had long light brown hair coming to her lower back normally worn in a pony tail, her eyes were a vibrant pail blue . Her clothes were normally trousers and a top and trainers, the odd time she would wear summer clothes

Kyna was the taller one, she had short shoulder length black hair that was left down and a little messy, her eyes a dull green colour. Her clothes were the same as Einin apart from she would never be seen dead in a dress or anything summery.

It was an early morning and the Einin was busy packing some of the bigger items for the trip, they had most of the small items packed but they were still bits and bobs to pack but they should be finished by the day after tomorrow at best.

Einin was up before Kyna was because it was her turn to make breakfast, she was just cleaning round when she saw the post on the floor. Thinking it a bit strange that the post would have came so early, normally it wouldn't be here till around noon.

Going to the mat in front of the door she saw it was just one letter.

"Hmm strange."

Einin placed the letter on the small coffee table, that was resting against the wall. Einin would read it when Kyna was up. She went back to her cleaning but something about the letter was calling to her, like something deep inside her was willing her to open it. 

Walking back over to the letter she picked it up and held it up to the light, it as just a single bit of paper inside folded neatly. Humming at how strange it was, normally it would be a booklet or some sort of advertisement or and invitation to be on the news. They never really got normal letters from people. 

Einin once again placed the letter back on the coffee table an overwhelming feeling to burn the letter came over to her, to just throw it in the fire and watch it burn. Like something in the letter could hurt her and Kyna, like something bad was going to happen to them if they opened it.

backing away slowly from the letter like it was going to burst into flames by itself, Einin tried to do other things to take her mind off the letter, such as making the breakfast for both of them, they took it it turns depending on the work shifts they got since they had finished uni that had gotten part time jobs.

It wouldn't be long before Kyna was up and they could talk about what to do with this creepy letter that turned up on the door. Even though Einin was focused on the breakfast she kept looking over her shoulder to the coffee table, just checking the letter was still there.

Biting her lower lip she took the breakfast off the head since it was cooked and slowly walked over to the letter again picking it up, flipping it over to see it sealed with not just sellotape but some sort of glue.

She tried to peal the sellotape off but it was stuck down even more with the glue under it.

"Who put's glue and sellotape on a letter?"

"What letter?"

Einin jumped she hadn't heard Kyna come out of her room, she looked up from the sofa and held up the letter for Kyna.

"It was on the mat when I got up."

"Weird post doesn't normally come till noon."

"I know that's why I was going to wait for you to get up to open it."

"Well let's open it after breakfast I'll set the table you bring the plates over."

The girls took it in turns, one made breakfast and one set the table, they took turns doing everything each did one chore and the other did another and the next day they would swap.

"Right so lets get this letter opened."

Kyna took the letter and a knife and ran it across the top been careful not to cut the letter taking it out she placed it on the table. The letter was old the paper had started turning yellow slightly. The ink was faded but you could make out the words.

The letter read.

Dear Kyan and Einin

If you are reading this then things have began to wake again. Things are happening just like before, people are going missing but people are turning up.  I don't know what's going on. I know my time will come soon too again and again like a tape playing on a loop. Please girls help us stop this for good. I know that it took so much from you the first time but you're stronger now you can do it without losing anything.

I know this nightmare won't stop just yet it's like a never ending nightmare, it wont stop till it has thoes last people it needs and what it needs is you two. I ask you to kill it for good to stop it taking people who aren't involved with how it was made.

Please I beg both of you, help us. Help us stop this nightmare. I know I'm most likley dead as you read this, and I don't know how this letter will come into your hands, but when it does you will find out the truth about your past about when you were just eight years old.

I hope to see you both again one more time before I'm gone for good.

With the letter read and the girls shocked to even look at each what was going to happen when they got to the village? You might just have to turn the page and find out.