"I don't know." He replies, startled by his answer. As though having decided something, he makes his way back towards me with long, confident strides. I stumble back, a bit frightened, but he either doesn't notice or chooses to ignore it. I really have no one to blame but myself for this sudden turn of events.

He takes me in his arms once more and with unprecedented speed, crushes his lips to mine leaving me no choice but to open my mouth and kiss him back with equal desire. I wrap my arms around his neck trying to get as close as possible, surrendering my body to lust. When his tongue collides with mine I forget we are standing in front of my school and that he just punched my best friend. I forget the reasons why we came to know each other, the ones that kept me from him last night and I give him what he asks. He is the first to break the embrace.

"Can I walk away now?" he asks humorously, still breathing heavily from the kiss.

"Yeah... I have-- I have school" I reply, straightening my long sleeves shirt and fixing my hair. He kisses my forehead sweetly.

"I like the shirt by the way" and with that snarky comment, he leaves. He gets on his motorcycle and rides away. I knew it had to be his bike.

This changes nothing. I feel nothing.

Picking up my bag I walk away, the image of him walking away behind me ingrained in my mind.

Within the school walls and looking around I couldn't help but think of how different he is to anyone I have ever met. Tall, taller than my own father, strong but lean, his face like a ghostly shadow stretched over a war, his naked scarp, those diamond eye to his, furiously deep above sharp lips so red they could have been rose petals.

"Your friend's one hot piece of ass" one of the many I dislike, walks up to me as I pass by my locker.

"Keep your thoughts to yourself, Saskia" Next to her, I put my bag in my locker while taking out my math notebook and calculator.

"Jeez, chill ice queen" With a flip of her bleach blond hair she walks away, sticking her fake nose up in the air for everyone to admire. Girls like Saskia are great when they keep their mouths shut, and that's it. They have a great body and wear enough foundation to repaint the David. Essentially, they are skin deep,

The hours pass in a blur of note taking, side drawings, and superficial listening. Throwing myself into math, followed by chemistry, gives me a distraction from my argument with Alessio, and the fact that I am going to have to see him eventually. At lunch we sit together, as usual, a fetal attempt to preserve our friendship. I have no doubt it was Tommaso's idea to restrain Alessio from taking me down.

With a plate of broccoli, tomatoes and mozzarella in hand, I headed to my friends' table. It is close to Saskia's table, by the window and near the exit. The walk towards it makes me want to vomit.

"Can I?" I ask Alessio. He stops eating, puts down his fork and leans back in his chair, arms crossed. He is trying to appear cool but the reality is staring right back at me, he has a black eye and cut lip.

"When you start telling the truth you can" The truth... he makes it sound so easy, and yet it's not. There are loopholes and grenades in a story that should stay buried in a dirty, dark basement.

"What if we ignore the past and focus on the future?" I offer.

"Cut the clichés, they don't suit you" I sigh heavily and decided upon what to tell Alessio. Something, basic, simple and digestible.

"Fine. Here's the truth. At least what I know of it." I put down my tray on the table and take a seat in front of him with my legs and arms crossed. "I was knocked out cold at the local's bar, where you saw me. I woke up the next morning naked in my bed" aching and terrified I add in my head, "happy?" Two of my friends appear confused, but Alessio doesn't.