Part 2

A's P.O.V

The elevator dings to a stop at the third floor and the doors opened. Imminently my music was interrupted by the hustle of the prescient floor. As i reached the gate a large man blocked my way, i'm guessing he was Terry. Gina always rants to me about his muscular arms. "Hey mam are you okay?" he asked looking down at me since he's a legit giant. I nod slightly and pull out one of my earphones "I'm here for Gina" I mumbled back. He seemed taken back by my attitude and looked at me weirdly. He slightly moved to the side and all of a sudden I hear " A, you made it !". It was Gina. She ran towards me and devoured me into a hug, which I hesitantly reciprocated. "Hey Gina" I replied, still aggravated by having to socialise instead of just listening to my music and enjoying my own company. "Come on, Captain Holt wants to see you" she announced while dragging me by the wrist to what I assume to be the Captain's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in" a loud, authoritative voice replied. With that Gina opened the door and we stepped in while I put back in my hanging earphone. "Captain, this is my cousin A. I overheard you talking about needing a skilled driver and i think she'll be amazinggg. Her Dad used to race and she has been driving since she was 13. Trust, she's great behind the wheel." He looked back to me, both of us with expressionless expressions until he replied to her - "Thank you Gina. A, take a seat so we can talk.". I nodded slightly and sat down opposite his desk as Gina left. "So A, I assume that Gina has told you why you're here". I took out my earphone and replied with a simple " Actually, no she didn't. She just asked me to come to the prescient.". After that he got up and walked to the door, "Diaz, Santiago, my office now!". Two woman walked into the office and sat on the chairs next to me however, I hadn't moved my glance from where the captain was previously sat. "A, this is detective Diaz and Santiago. They are working the case that you will be helping with"... wait they want me to help with a case? "We will need an experienced driver since the perp we are chasing is an ex-stuntman. This means there will be a high risk of there being a car chase. This is where you step in, if you are up for it that is." I gave off a small nod of confirmation. "Good, you will be assigned the desk opposite Diaz's" to which I heard Diaz let out a frustrated sigh, receiving an eye roll from me in return. "How long will I be working this case ?" I asked. To this, Santiago turned to me "Me and Rosa have been working on this case for four months. It will probably be another two months until we capture him. We will need to plan our attack and that is where you can help us..A?" she stated, unsure of my name and i gave another small nod in reply. "Not much of a talker huh ?" she questioned. I just shrugged "I don't say anything unless it contributes to the convocation". At this point I saw Diaz glance in my direction and then focusing her gaze back onto the Captain as he continued. "I expect all of you to handle this case professionally." we all nod in response "Diaz, can you show A to her desk?" he asked as Diaz just shrugged. " Okay then, dismissed!" he bellowed causing the three of us to get up and leave his office.