Chapter Two

I finished the eleventh chapter in the book I was able to snag on the counter with out the guys knowing, and marked my page where the twelfth started.

'In The Shadow Of The Blackbirds' was a very good read so far. A lot has happened, and the for is rather intriguing.

The lava lamps lit in my room made a soft glow around the room, but darkness still lurked in the corners where bookshelves or dressers are.

My alarm clock across the room shined 12:08 in big, thick red letters that had it's own bright glow around the clock and oak dresser.

Ever since about eighth grade my alarm has been across the room because I was one to beat my alarm clock till it turned off, then roll the other way in bed.

My mom suggested putting it on the dresser across room; let me tell you something, it worked.

I went to reach for my drink and realized nothing was left. Mentally, I groaned. Needing a drink meant going downstairs, and that meant a risk of seeing Austin.

Why was I worried about seeing him? The worry was hitting me in waves; the first few were myself asking if I looked okay, and not to do anything embarrassing like stuttering or tripping. Another few waves hit me before I realized that is was dark. How the hell was Austin suppose to see me? Not to mention, he was probably asleep.

I uncrossed my legs, and gave them a chance to wake up a little, and walked down the stair case. The chandelier had a soft gloomy glow that lit up one section of the stairs. I gripped the cool railing and softly padded my way down.

Peaking over, I saw Vic and Kellin cuddled up together on the floor; probably for body heat. My mom liked it cold in the summer. Sometimes, I covered the vent in my room with pillows due to the chilly air rushing through. Then she asks why the bills are so high.

As I opened the fridge, something on the other side jumped back as the door came in contact with a body. That made me jump and wave my arms in defense.

"Jesus Christ, Alan. It's just me." Austin groaned, and held his stomach. I hit him with the door. It had to be Austin.

"What are you doing up this late?" I asked, as Austin softly shut the fridge.

"I could ask you the same question." He smirked.

So he was a smart ass.

I rolled my eyes and went to go walk past him. Austin stepped in my way and blocked me from walking past. I hit his built frame with a thunk. Austin grabbed my shoulders to steady me and kept his hands there. His thumb brushed my skin as we make direct eye contact.

Okay making eye contact is like 4th base for me. Please, go on and tell me you're a loser.

"Austin what are you doing? I'm hungry and need a drink." I said.

"Want to go to Panda Express?"

How could I resist that offer?

"Fuck yeah." I said as Austin smiled and grabbed my hands. Was he like this with Zach? I went to ask but all that came out was:

"Are Vic and Kellin dating?"

That made him burst in laughter. If it wasn't for his hands covering his mouth, and him moving around and bending over due to laughter, we would've waken the neighbor hood up. I blushed a crimson or strawberry red and looked away.

Austin recovered and still chuckled. We called those after laughs. When someone laughs for a long period of time and needs to recover.

"To be honest," Austin murmured, brushing hair from my ear and setting his mouth by my ear. ",I saw them make out yesterday." Austin whispered, like they were in the kitchen with us.