Chapter 17

I feel everybody's eyes on me. I bite my lip and glare at Tago.

"I can't believe you'd betray me Tago. You helped kill my family. I thought after how long I've known you that it would be different. But I was wrong." I say scathingly. Tago doesn't even have the decency to look ashamed.

"Whatever." I say coldly and turn to Electra. Her light blue eyes pierce my own dark blues.

"Eadu." She hisses in the same tone. I swallow my nervousness.

"That's Queen Eadu to you." I say shortly. Electra's nostrils flare and she slaps me. I clench my fists. My natural instinct is to slap her back. But that would make every single person in this camp diverge on me. So I hold my tongue and my fists.

"Tie her up." Electra yells. Several women rush at me. I fight back hard, but I'm easily outnumbered by 50. I end up hog tied next to Laura, who's glaring at me.

"Your so stupid Eadu!" She whispers. I attempt to smile.

Electra towers above me.

"Eadu, the uncontrollable child, the comeback queen. People say that your subjects would follow you to the ends of the earth and back without question. But who do you see here? Where are your 'loyal' subjects now! Your all alone here! Who's going to protect you now!" Electra yells. She punches me hard in the stomach. My lip is cracked and bleeding, and I can already feel a black eye coming on. But I smile.

"Why are you smiling?" Electra screams.

"Because you're wrong. I'm not alone. I'm never alone." I say simply.

Electra shoots me a nasty look.

"You are alone! You've got nothing! Soon Faiyria will cease to exist! I'll be Queen of both our kingdoms! And you can't do anything about it!"

She shrieks.

"Your wrong about that too. I've got something you can never take away." I tell her. Electra glares at me.

"Oh? What's that."

"Honour. Courage. Respect. There's more to being a Queen then sitting on a throne with a fancy ring. A Queen makes sacrifice's for her people. I don't have to be here right now. But I am. Because this is my only chance at saving Faiyria even if I die in attempt. And let me tell you this.

You may sit on my throne. You may eat my food and sleep in my bed. But you will never be the true Queen. Because I swear to you-my people will fight against you until their last breath. You will never command them, or stomp out our pride." I hiss.

It's dead silent. Electra glares at me with eyes filled with hatred. Nobody makes a sound.

"Hand me the whip." She says. I watch in horror as I'm pushed aside, and Laura is retied. I have to do something more.

"I challenge you! Electra, I challenge you as Queen of the Amazons!" I yell.

Everybody stops. I struggle to my feet, my hands and ankles still tied. Or so Electra thinks. Really it's just rope looped around my limbs. I can break out when I need to.

"You broke your oath." Electra glares. I smirk and show her my scar, which she herself imprinted on my skin less then a week ago.

"Like it or not, your worst enemy is a Amazon. And I challenge you as Queen of the Amazons. Unless you're too scared of me." I snarl.

Electra groans and tosses her whip away.

"Get her a sword. We will fight."

I'm untied-well I simply unwrap my ankles and wrists while glares are shot my way. Women go out of their way to give me a extra little shove or trip. The give me a little tin sword that looks like it will do just about as much damage as a toothpick.