'My guess is, the bullet is either lodged in an organ or pressing against an artery.' Owen states. He looks at the S.W.A.T officer. 'He needs to go to the hopsital.' The officer nods and Owen and Travis walk off, taking the equipment with them. 'Are you okay?' Owen asks him as they walk back to the entrance of the festival. 

'Yeah.' Travis nods. 'My partner and Brooklyn's girlfriend and a friend are safe,' He says, 'but I'm not sure about Brooklyn.' He adds. 'We got separated. We were at a meet and greet when we heard the shots.' 

'Have you tried calling her?' Owen queries. 

'Yeah.' Travis nods. 'It keeps going to voicemail so it's probably on silent or has run out of battery.' He continues. 'I need to get back in there to find her.' They reach the entrance and wait for further instruction. 'I hate waiting.' 

'It's for our own safety.' Owen states. 'They don't want to send us in there with an active shooter.' He says. 'Believe me, it frustrates me too but we're no use to anyone if we're getting shot at.' Ryan, who is wearing his bulletproof vest, walks up to them.

'Travis.' Ryan nods.

'Hey, Ryan.' Travis nods back.

'I know you were bringing Brooklyn here, is she okay?' Ryan asks.

'I have no idea.' Travis shakes his head. 'She's still in there. Somewhere.' 

'Where did you last see her?' Ryan questions. 

'At the meet and greet area by the stage.' Travis replies. 

'Then as soon as we get the all-clear, we'll head straight there.' Ryan tells Travis and Owen. Right on cue, an announcement comes over the police radios. 

Third offender is down and in custody. Send in EMS.

The S.W.A.T commander informs all the doctors and medics of this and the officers barricading the entrance move aside to let them through. As soon as Ryan, Travis and Owen are on the field, they make their way to the side of the stage where the meet and greet stations are. Travis walks to where they were and sees Brookyln's phone. He bends down and picks it up. 

'She dropped her phone.' Travis says as he walks back to Owen and Ryan. 'That's why she wasn't answering her phone.' 

'Brooklyn!' Ryan shouts. 'Bryn!' He walks around the stage area. 'Brooklyn!' He shouts louder. 

'Ryan!' He hears Brooklyn shout. Ryan looks around before realising that the shout is coming from below him. He kneels down on the floor, looks under the stage and sees Brooklyn still applying pressure to Brendon's abdomen. 'I saw the shooter coming towards us so I dragged him under here.' 

'Good thinking.' Ryan smiles. 'Let's get you two out of here.' Ryan helps Brooklyn get Brendon out from under the stage before crawling out herself. She reapplies pressure. Owen and Travis walk over to them. 

'Bryn.' Travis sighs with relief.

'I'm fine.' Brooklyn tells him. He stares at the blood down her top. 'It's Brendon's blood. He's been shot twice. He hasn't lost consciousness at all.'

'Stand back and let me have a look.' Owen tells her. Brooklyn does as she's told and Owen takes her place. Travis walks to her. 

'Let me check you over.' Travis says.

'I'm fine.' Brooklyn shakes his head. 'I promise.' 

.

Twenty minutes later, Owen and two medics wheel Brendon into the pit and to a trauma room with Brooklyn and Travis following him. They stand in the doorway. Owen looks up at Brooklyn. 

'Brooklyn, you know where the supplies closet is, right?' Owen asks the young girl. 

'Yeah.' Brooklyn nods. 

'Do you think you could go and get some extra supplies? Bandages, tourniquets, gauze et cetera?' Owen questions.

'Sure.' Brooklyn smiles before walking off. 

Forty minutes have passed. Amelia and Link are stood in one of the hallways taking a breather. 

'Have you ever dealt with a mass shooting before?' Link asks Amelia. 

'Not directly.' Amelia shakes her head.

'What do you mean?' Link queries. Amelia takes a deep breath.

'Back when the hospital was Seattle Grace Mercy West there was a mass shooting. A guy wanted to get revenge on three of the doctors here for the death of his wife. One of those doctors was my older brother. He was shot but he survived.' Amelia explains. 'Other people were killed though.' Link, knowing what happened to the famous Neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd, decides not to say anything more on the subject. He looks at the supplies closet. 'We better get some supplies and get back to work. They both walk to the supplies closet and Link opens the door. 

'Oh my-' Link gasps. 

~~

I didn't think that I'd get this done in one sitting because of other commitments I have on Thursdays but I did! Yayyy! I'm going to be incorporating more of the Station 19 and Grey's characters into this book since I've been neglecting them. Oops.

Let me know what you think!

Much love