Chapter 1

Demi's P.O.V

Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever fee-

Ugh. Another day of school, another day of pain. Stupid alarm clock. I turned it off and went to Darcy's room to check on her. Still asleep, excellent. I absolutely hate this.. She doesn't get a father, she doesn't get everything she wants.. She should be spoiled. Too bad her father's the man behind my bruises, cuts and broken bones. 

Honestly, i don't know what happened. I still remember the first day he laid his hands on me. It was unexpected and shocking. Maybe it was something i did? No, can't be. I never did anything. I loved him right. I was a good girl. Never did anything bad. 

I went into my room, took a warm shower and changed into a pair of maroon jeans, a grey sweater with golden cufss, a pair of beige flats and then curled my brown hair a little bit. I wouldn't usually wear any make up but i have to. To cover up all the bruises that Harry and his friends forced upon my face. The scars on my wrist that represented the hate i hate towards myself. The scratches, everything. 

I walked over to Darcy's room, checking up on her one last time. I didn't bother eating my breakfast so i just grabbed my black leather backpack and headed out , leaving Darcy with my mom who's in the living room wathcing some T.V. 

Walking to school has always been a big fear of mine. Mostly cause Harry usually drives past my street to get a chance at hitting me, teasing me or whatever to make me feel bad or hurt. Knowing that, i picked up my pace. I don't own a car, you see. My father took it away from me when he left my mom and i didn't want to waste my mother's money getting myself another car. I've got my own job, i'm gonna get myself a car. Part of being a responsible young lady. 

"Hey ugly!" that voice. I just ignored him and continued walking. I was beyond terrified. "Hey, i'm talking to you! Look at me!" he yelled. I couldn't just ignored him.. He said if i ever ignore him, i'd get it worst than usual. I looked up to see a smirking Harry. His dull green eyes that used to shine brighter than anything is what i'm now used to. The coldness and sinister look on his face. Everything about him just changed. I'm so scared of him. I used to want the old him back, now i want nothing to do with him. Nothing at all. 

He smirked as he got out of his car, walking towards me. I backed a little bit, tears threatening to spill out. "What's wrong? Little girl scared?" he taunted. I'd ask what happened between us, but a question like that has been asked way to many times and answered way too painful. You never meant a thing. 

I shook my head. "Harry, please don't" I whimpered. "Oh shut up. You're pathetic, you know that?" I just looked down. It used to be so easy just letting those mean words go. But the more it's said, the more i start to believe it. "Wait 'till i get the boys. This is going to be so much fun, don't you think love?" He smirked. "I don't want to get hit.. please Harry.." I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

Smack. The familiar burning sensation against my cheek. Tears started streaming down my face. I couldn't hold it back. I was just that weak. "Shut up, Dems. Or it'll be worst. Gosh, you're annoying." He said. "D-don't call me that." "What did you say?" "Don't call me Dems!" SMACK! Another slap, but harder. "Don't tell me what to do you ugly piece of crap!" 

Ugly. That was all it took to get me onto my knees, crying my eyes out. I hated that word so much. After having Darcy, it was hard for me to lose the baby fat. I had no time. No determination. I was left a little chubby, not too fat though. But it was enough of a reason for Harry. 

"Pathetic. GET UP." He yelled. I stood up, looked him in the eye and saw a slight hint of pity but it went away so quickly. He was now frustrated. "DAMN IT DEMI. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH AN IDIOT?! FUCK." Me? An idiot? What did I ever do?!

"Hey hazza, we got your text! Let's get this over with. School's starting in 10." It was Louis. He was the biggest, the strongest and the most cruel apart from Harry. Beside him was Zayn. Liam and Niall never joined them in beating me up cause they never had the heart to do it. They just don't show up to these 'events' but they 're all still friends. 

"Well well well. Look what we have here. Worthless little Demi just waiting to get destroyed over and over again" Zayn smirked. I saw Harry chuckling beside Louis. "Alright boys, hold her back." Harry said. I gave up and just let Louis and Zayn either sides of my arms as Harry punched me in the stomach over and over again. I stayed there hopelessly, closing my eyes shut just wishing for it to end. 

"Good girl, Dems. You're quiet today" Louis said as he patted my head. I just looked at the floor, feeling so useless, so ... nothing. They just laughed and got into their cars and drove away as i walked to school. The only reason I'm still alive, is Darcy. I can't leave her though i want to so badly. I know that if i do leave, mom would take good care of her. But, i can't have her growing up without a mom. She looks up to me, or at least that's what she tells me. 

Halfway to school, i decided to turn around and head to the beach instead. I was a 20 minute walk. I sat down on the sand on a cliff. It was so beautiful. If only life was this beautiful. I took out a paper and a pen and wrote..

"Life is such a horrible thing for me.One minute i'm living the life with my best friend, the next minute i'm being pounded on everyday by him and his group of friends. I love you Darcy. I love you mom. I love you dad. But i can't do this anymore. Darcy baby, mommy's life is too much for her to handle. I love you so, so much. You were the only thing keeping me alive these past 3 years, but i can't take it anymore. But mommy loves you so much. Mommy just doesn't feel loved. Mom, i'm sorry.. I'm just so sorry. Please keep Darcy safe for me? Please mom. I love you. So much. Dad, i'm sorry things never worked out and goodbye. I kinda love you. 

I just can't take any of this any longer. Why? Why does Harry hate me? What happened to us? What did i ever do? Why am i so useless? Worthless, hopeless. I can't do anything right. I can't do this. I'm leaving." 

I stuffed the piece of paper into my bag, tossed it down the beach and... i jumped.