dark veil (A Kyoya Ootori 3-Part) Part 1: A Heavy Burden

The tick and tocks of the clock resonated through the Ootori's personal library as the young Ootori master of the household read. The latter found it extremely distasteful as the sound urged a couple of veins to pulse quite vehemently on his forehead; it's becoming an unbearable throbbing headache.

Rubbing his temples, Kyoya can't really quite pinpoint the reason behind his irritation with the clock and its sounds when it's audacity to irk him can't really topple Tamaki's incessant chatter or the twin's mischief. But nevertheless, at that exact moment, the 'noise' coming from the time-telling device was testing his patience. He should really resume his readings regarding business management and other relevant concepts but with the growing intensity of his 'headache' he stopped and jolted from his seat. As he did so, the young man saw a library having only the colors of gray, black, and white; it took him a while to slowly regain the colors of his eyesight.

"Tch." He scoffed at this phenomena but then slowly gave it some thought. It was ironic really, it reminded him of his life. Don't get him wrong, the life and energy is already overflowing from the Host Club and the activities accompanied with it but somehow, it seems that his life is quite monotonous.

Just then, he was brought out of his reverie by the vibration of his phone, glancing at the caller ID, laid out a familiar name: Tamaki.

"Ah, Tamaki-"

"Kyoyaaaa! Moshi-moshi!" Kyoya can exactly imagine the blonde, hogging his phone hysterically with the same idiotic expression of his. He cringed at the thought.

"Yes, Hello to you too, Tamaki. And to what do I owe this phone call?" he inquired with a seemingly polite tone – seemingly.

"I'm just so excited to see you all tomorrow since it's tomorrow's our first-"

"First day back to school, I know that, Tamaki."

"Eh, aren't you excited to see me, Mommy?" Kyoya clenched his fists at the mention of the nickname Tamaki has bestowed on him without his consent but knowing Tamaki, he know that the blonde wouldn't drop the nickname anytime soon. He sighed and decided to play along with his blonde dim-witted bestfriend.

"Is that all the reason you called, Daddy?"

"Well, sort of but I also wanted to ask if we could throw a 'Back-to-school' party as an event for the Host Club."

'A Back-to-school party?' that didn't seem like a bad idea. It would also serve as a promotion-esque event for the club and thus, earning them profit.

"That seems a fairly good idea, Tamaki. What do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking of something of an aesthetic theme, like the Renaissance! The era of fine arts, oh! Momma that would be lovely~" the blonde squealed on the other line.

'This idiot! Does he know how much that would cost the Host Club?! But then again, the ladies of Ouran were always fond of high class concepts and what could be the highest of the highest form of art than the Renaissance? Surely the money that the event will garner will be twice as much as the club will have to spend-'

'Momma? Are you still there?'

His thoughts were put to a halt to the blonde's inquiry of his presence.

"Very well, Tamaki. This upcoming school year's welcome party will conduct a Renaissance era of artistic sensibilities."

"Yey! Thanks, momma. I can't wait to tell the others." and just like that the conversation ended and another Host club year is setting its gears to run once again.