"O.K., but if you ever need to talk I'm here to listen."

"You can have the bathroom first if you need it." Zuko offered. No matter how much he wanted to he just couldn't open up.

"Thanks." She squeezed his hand and disappeared into the bathroom. Moments later he could hear the water running and Katara singing loudly and off key.

He gave a dry chuckle and then sent out for a communication to Admiral Gee to send a report about the situation in the South Pole.

The servants were lined up and waiting for Zuko and Katara at the bottom of the stairs. Upon seeing them they all bowed simultaneously." Good morning Prince Zuko, Princess Katara."

Zuko went down the line and introduced her to all of the servants. From the majordomo to the scullions. They were only a small portion of the larger staff that was waiting for her back at the Fire Nation Palace.

"Good morning. It's nice to meet all of you." Katara said. It was intimidating having so many pairs of eyes all focusing on her. There were so many positions and names to remember. Once they got back to the Fire Nation she would be in charge of all of these people most of whom were significantly older than her. At sixteen years old she didn't feel qualified to oversee any of them. Back home she'd helped her Gran gran run their house and helped in the homes of others who needed her help, but all of that didn't compare to what she was now being asked to take on.

"Do you think it would be all right if I shadow you for the next few days to get a feel of how things are run around here?"

"I think that would be an excellent idea Princess Katara." Sana, the majordomo, said and bowed. "I usually begin the running of the household affairs at five in the morning."

Zuko turned to look at her and raised his eyebrow.

"What? I can get up that early."

An insufferable grin spread across Zuko's face as he measuredly crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"I can and I will!" She snapped. If there was one thing she hated it was for people to make up their mind that she couldn't do a task before they saw her attempt that task. She might not be happy about it but she could get up early in the morning. She'd done it often enough back in the South pole when the need had arisen.

"Let's go eat breakfast."

After breakfast was finished. Akane and Chiyo came over to help Katara get ready for the day.

"How was your marriage ceremony?" Chiyo asked.

"It was nice. Zuko surprised me by having a Water Tribe Chieftain there."

"That's so romantic. I always knew that Prince Zuko was romantic."

"He's thoughtful, but I don't know if I'd call him romantic."

"Look up please." Akane said and began applying mascara to Katara's eyes. "I don't know the Hira'a Grand Theater might bring that out in him. It's a very romantic place."

"You can take Akane's word for it because she's a makeup artist there."

"No wonder why you're so good at this." Katara said looking into the mirror at her face. Under Akane's skilled hand she looked like a work of art. "Do you work at the theater as well?" She asked Chiyo.

Chiyo shook her head. "I work at a salon that my mother owns. Ursa used to get her hair done there before she mysteriously disappeared from Hira'a then reappeared in Capital city as prince Ozai's bride.

"I wish I could have met Zuko's mother."

"She was beautiful." Chiyo said. "Probably the most beautiful woman in Hira'a maybe even the world."