"Karen hang up," I mumbled.

Thankfully she listened, I did my regular patrol until midnight and when I climbed in through the window, I pulled off my mask and I heard May call out my name.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Can you come here?" she asked.

I didn't bother taking off my suit and I held my mask in my hands. My spider-sense was going off and I quickly ran into the living room ready for anything, but I wasn't expecting to see Tony in there with May. I stopped and immediately spotted the open window in the living room and I was tempted to jump out, my spider-sense was screaming at me to leave or attack Tony but I pushed it to the side as I focussed on what May was saying.

"Tony needs to talk to you so I'm leaving you two to talk," she explained.

With that, she grabbed her bag and left leaving us in awkward silence. I looked down at my hands and fiddled with my mask.

"Look, I know you hate me but I just want a chance to explain everything, can you sit down?" he asked.

I hesitantly sat opposite him but my spider-sense was on edge, I was ready for anything he decided to throw at me.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase, Vincent was controlling me, he can get into peoples minds and control them. But he can only do it to regular everyday people, so he can't control people like you and Steve since you have gene manipulation," he explained, "I had no idea what I was doing at the time until Wanda got him out of my head and took him away, the others explained everything and when I asked about you they told me everything. I'm so sorry Peter are you alright? I mean my repulsors usually leave a mark and if I hit you on the shoulder then it might be pretty serious,"

"I'm fine, where's Vincent now?" I replied bitterly.

"That doesn't matter, Wanda's dealing with him, can I have a look at your shoulder?" he asked.

He moved towards me and my spider-sense went haywire and I couldn't stop myself from flipping back and I shot a web at Tony's hand sticking it to the table.

"I-I'm sorry," I breathed.

I ran my hands through my hair trying to calm myself down, ever since Tony hit me with the repulsor blast I've been having nightmares about him hurting me and I got really bad aches in my shoulder that I ignored. My spider-sense recognised him as a threat so I couldn't stop myself from freaking out if he moved towards me.

"It's okay Pete, just take a deep breath and calm down, I'm not here to hurt you, I would never hurt you on purpose," he said.

Before I knew it I ran over to the open window and jumped out of it, I fell through the air before shooting a web and swinging away while I put my mask on. I stopped on top of the Empire State building at looking at the lights all around calming myself down.

I couldn't forgive Tony, no matter how much I wanted to I just couldn't. I knew he was like my father figure and it wasn't his fault that he was being controlled but why would he even let someone like Vince into the tower in the first place? I knew it wasn't Tony's fault but even if I wanted I couldn't forgive him. I started off going solo and it was kind of dangerous with my homemade suit and stuff and I was thankful that Tony found me and gave me an updated suit and everything but after this, I think it's best if I went solo again. Or at least I didn't want to be around Tony too much because stuff like this will happen again because they're the freaking Avengers and many villains will pull stuff like this to tear them apart. 

I heard Tony land behind me and my spider-sense flared up again and I resisted the urge to jump off the building and punch Tony in the face.

"Peter, I know what I did was horrible but it wasn't me. I was being controlled like I said, please Pete I would never hurt you," Tony begged.

"What do you want from me?! I don't have anything to give you, I'm just a teenager who you don't let on missions anyways so why did you keep me around the tower all this time? Huh? Was it because you were bored and needed company or was I just a last resort in case everything went wrong?" I shouted standing up and facing him.

"No, I kept you around because I actually care about you. I never meant to hurt you and if you went on missions I'd always be scared that you'd get hurt so that's why I never let you come," Tony replied.

"The only reason I said yes to Germany was because I thought I was going to help the world and deal with bigger threats but all you've given me is restrictions and more danger. By being in the same league as you more people tend to target you to try and get to me or the other way around. Was that 'protecting' me?" I demanded.

Tony sighed and looked down.

"Look, you were right. I was being selfish by inviting you over all the time, I really do care and want to protect you and I know that you're in more danger by knowing me but I didn't care because I just liked having you around in the tower," Tony admitted.

I sighed and fiddled with my mask.

"Thank you for giving me the chance to join the Avengers but I'm fine doing my own thing again. It's better for everyone," I said.

Tony hesitated but then nodded closing his mouth.

"The med bay is always open to you if you're injured and you can come in if you ever feel like it. Your details will always be in the system," Tony replied.

I nodded and sighed before pulling on my mask.

"I'm sorry," 

"I'd do the same thing, I'll see you around Spider-Man," he said.

"Bye Tony," 

Sorry for the crappy ending I got many comments saying that Peter shouldn't have forgiven Tony so I changed the ending to this. I hope you like it, what do you think? Do you think Peter should've forgiven Tony or do you understand Peter's actions?

<3