Hey Red...

The team was told by Allura that they needed to gather some space metal for the castle it was only a Varga away so it shouldn't take too long to fetch it. Allura said that there wouldn't be any hostiles so Keith, Lance, and Pidge were the ones to go while Hunk and Shiro stayed behind to prepare for their arrival back and to get everything ready to melt the metal down into the pieces and shapes that are needed.

Keith, Lance, and Pidge all got to the area they were told the space metal would be. They all got out of their lions to collect the materials. As they were gathering samples, Keith didn't feel right he stopped and looked around, he saw a dark mass, at first, It looked just like normal space. But I didn't have stars or anything, so he looked closer and saw that it was the shape of a Galra fleet cruiser, they were preparing to fire at Lance and Pidge. Pidge, however, flew away from Lance to gather metal from a different area leaving Lance in the direct line of fire. Keith flew straight to him and grabbed and threw him far away from where he was.

"Keith what the hell is wrong with you-" He was cut off by a flash of bright purple light and a sharp scream the echoed through the coms. The light faded away and Pidge and Lance looked to the area of the light to see Keith. The cloth from his armor burned away and blood floating through space. Lance then realized what Keith had done. And he flew towards him. When Keith spoke his voice soaked in pain.

"Get to the lions NOW!" Keith then speeds to Red and sat in the control seat. He could tell that Red was concerned for him. And he smiled slightly at the lion's concern.

"Red you have to do me a favor. No matter what, you have to protect Lance and Pidge. Even if during the fight I die you have to keep going. And once it's over. Fly back to the castle and open up for Lance. Okay." Keith said, he knew that his injuries were extensive, and he was pretty sure he was going to die. Red confirmed with a roar, as they fought, as the fight began, Red moved more quickly than she had ever done before, she needed to get this fight over so she could get Keith to the castle. As all the fighting was going on Keith didn't have the strength to stay in the seat. He fell to the ground and got moved to the bay area of the lion where he stayed when the fighting stopped. Once the fighting stopped Lance video called Keith, or in this case red. Red answered and Lance saw that Keith wasn't in the piloting chair.

"Red where is Keith!?" Lance asked frantic and concerned. Red then opened the screen to show the bay. Lance saw Keith on the floor semi curled into himself, with a pool of blood around him. Lance flew Blue as fast as she could go and flew out to Red, who opened to him to Lance's surprise. As he did, he heard Keith's voice talking to red.

"Red could you make sure Lance gets this box, it's nothing too important I just thought I should tell him the truth. I don't have the strength or courage to tell him right now. Guess that makes me a coward. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough for you Red. I wish I could have been better for you, and the team." Keith spoke with a mixture of emotions that Lance hadn't heard in a while. Lance moved closer to Keith, he sat right by his side.

"Hey Red I think I'm hallucinating from blood loss. I see lance. Maybe my mind is trying to tell me something." Keith smiled a rare smile that Lance has gotten only a few times.

"Red would you be willing to give Lance a call, I think I should tell him," Keith spoke, he heard the ringing coming from Lance's helmet next to him.

"Lance... You're here? Why?" Keith asked as Red ended the call.

"Because I will always be here for you buddy and I don't want you to be alone right now. So what is it you wanted to say?" Lance spoke softly and calmly. His voice calmed Kieth like it always did. Keith smiled at Lance.

"Lance there is something very important that I need to tell you," Keith spoke, his breath faltering slightly.

"Keith you can tell me anything, you have always been there to listen to me, now it's my turn," Lance spoke with a bright smile, one that Keith loved to see, the one that was genuine. At this point Red sped her way to the castle, making it smooth enough that they don't even know they are moving.