Caring For You

Author's Note: This story takes place in the midst of the 1999 anime, so it treats some of the filler events as canon, most notably, the whole Battleship Island affair. If you haven't seen the 1999 anime, too bad for you. I mean, I really am sorry for you. I mean, that really does suck. Anyhow, Zevil Island. I'm gonna be interfering with the plot, for my own convenience, so it's not going to play out exactly the same way, but I'm only doing that as little as possible. However, if you want smutty stuff to happen, both sacrifices and compromises must be made. That's a real life lesson, there. Don't forget it. Also, this is the first gay erotica I've ever written, so please be gentle.

Leorio walked warily through the forest on Zevil Island. He knew this was going to be the toughest test yet, and he knew he'd have to complete it without relying on Gon, Killua, or Kurapika. He was determined to not be the one to fall behind.

Just then, Leorio heard a yell. It sounded like the cry of someone in pain. Leorio started running towards it. "That sounds like a damsel in distress," he thought. And then, a few meters later, he reconsidered. "Wait a minute, that's not a damsel's voice. That's Kurapika." He hesitated. "But Kurapika's usually the stoic one. What's going on?" And then he ran towards the source.

In a small clearing, Leorio saw Kurapika on one knee, covered in cuts and bruises, and breathing raggedly. In front of him was Hisoka, doing that fancy thing with his deck of cards (you know, where you kinda have them fly between both hands – I forgot what it's called), with a perverse expression on his face.

"I didn't want to pick this unripe fruit yet," Hisoka said, "but when you look at me that way . . ."

"Hisoka!" Leorio unsheathed his knife and stood in front of Kurapika.

It seemed to take Hisoka a moment to even notice Leorio. "Oh, it's you. If you want, I'll kill you instead."

"Hisoka!" Kurapika growled. His eyes turned red. Hisoka licked his lips. Kurapika turned to Leorio. "Leorio! Run! You can't fight him!"

"You can't fight him either, from the looks of it." Leorio said. "I don't care how strong he is, I'm gonna kill him!"

Hisoka laughed. "Did you like the way my punch felt, Leorio?"

"Huh?" Leorio didn't remember what Hisoka was referring to, and Kurapika groaned.

"I'm not going to let you off this easy, this time." Hisoka pulled out two cards. "You can leave the two adults alone to play, and forget about this, or you can hand over your badge."

Leorio crouched down and opened his briefcase, and pulled out his badge, and threw at at Hisoka. Hisoka caught it with a grin. "I hope you choke on it." He closed his briefcase.

"Ta ta." Hisoka turned, and disappeared into the forest.

Leorio turned to Kurapika. "What happened Kurapika? You look terrible."

Kurapika slumped down, and barely kept himself sitting up with his hand. "Hisoka ambushed me. He took my badge, but he said it wasn't the one he wanted."

"Kurapika, you need immediate medical attention." Leorio opened his briefcase on the ground.

"I," Kurapika sputtered, "don't. I'll be fine." Kurapika's eyes started to haze, and his balance wavered.

"You're losing blood, Kurapika! We need to close your wounds."

"Then," Kurapika coughed, "find me a doctor."

Leorio didn't smile. He put his hands on Kurapika's shoulders. "Lie down." Kurapika lied down on his back. At least the ground was a bit flat here.