Chapter 3: The Great Hawkins Reunion

"So you know you know Kali?" El asked, gazing at the two girls in front of her. They nodded. "And you're.. like me?" They nodded again.

"So can you explain to us again why you're in Hawkins?" Will asked.
"No. Not until we can ask some questions." Kimber replied.
"Then ask." Steve encouraged.
"What happened at Starcourt Mall?" This question made the room fall silent.
"My brother.... he died there." A tear slipped from Max's eye before she left the room.
"What happened?" Autumn pressed.
"A few years ago, when I was being kept in Hawkins lab they forced me to open a portal. This portal was to a dimension similar to our own, the only difference being its dark and cold." El explained.
"We call it the Upside Down because it mirrors our own world except if our world was abandoned for centuries." Will tried to help.
"There are monsters that inhabit the Upside Down such as demogorgans, demodogs, and the Mindflayer. El closed the portal twice and Ms. Byers closed it once so the monsters can't enter our side anymore." Lucas chimed in.
"But before Will's mom closed the portal the Mindflayer was on our side. He possessed a lot of our town and he possessed Billy... Max's brother." Mike continued.
"The mindflayer went after El...." Dustin started.
"I had been the one to stop it twice before. It wanted me dead. Billy's mission was to bring me to the mindflayer. I had to plea with him to not hand me over and it worked, he was no longer flayed. He tried to redeem all the shitty things he had done to us and he sacrificed himself  to save us." El had tears streaming down her face. "And after that I no longer have my powers."  Autumn looked to the little girl and crouched down to make eye contact. "Could I?" She asked and El nodded. Autumn put her palm to the young girls brain.
"What is she doing?" Steve asked.
"Shes sharing a memory." Kimber stated.
Tears began to run down Autumns face as she saw everything that took place. She had seen all the memories Eleven had of this boy playing on the beach, to the memories of him being abused by his father, up to the memory of him dying. She didn't know him and she didn't have to to feel the agony he felt.
"Are you okay?" Kimber placed a firm hand on her sister.
"I'll share the memory with you later." She said rising back to her feet. Max came back to the room calmer than before.
"Now you answer our questions." Max demanded.
"Fine." Kimber replied.
"How many of you are there?" Max questioned.
"Eleven as far as we know." Autumn replied.
"Do you all have different powers?" Mike asked.
"Most of us." Kimber answered.
"So what can you do? We know El used to have Telekinesis..." The words used to caught Autumns attention.
"003 has emotional manipulation, 006 precognition, 007 had levitation, 008 has perception, she can make anyone see what she wants them to see. 009, me I have Cryokinesis and Pyrokinesis." Kimber listed.
"010, teleportation." Autumn said modestly, this earned her a look from her sister who knew the redhead could do more than open portals and go from one place to another.
"And 011, telekinesis." El stated.
"So what happened to 001, 002, 004, and 005?" Robin questioned.
"We don't know. The first experiments were caught in 78." Kimber shrugged.
"Then how do you know about them?" Steve asked.
"We have seen the files based on some, we have met 008 and now 011. And 008 had met 007 who knew 003 and 006." Autumn explained. "You dont have powers?" She asked El. The girl shook her head. "We need to get you to the mall." Autumn instructed. Will explained to Nancy what was happening and Nancy and Johnathan immediately packed into the station wagon. The group made their way to the mall interested in what would happen next.

El, Autumn, and Kimber raced to the food court and memories flooded back.
"You feel that?" Autumn asked.
"What is it?" El questioned.
"Thats you. Thats the power you let out when they cut the tentacle out of your leg." Kimber explained.
"Its also the agony of Billy Hargrove." Autumn added.
"The intense pain you felt, you as a superhuman, mixed with the pain he released when he was possessed mixed together marking this area. People like us who have powers can feel it."
"What do I do now?" El asked.
"Kali taught you that you had to used rage to control your powers, she is an angry one. I want you to lay down right where he sacrificed himself." El complied and put her back against the floor. "Close your eyes. Take a deep breath. I want you to let go of your anger. Think about the sadness you felt losing the only dad you had ever known, think about the fear you felt when you saw the demogorgan for the first time, the happiness you felt the first time you kissed Mike. Kali taught you to draw from anger, your powers stopped working when your anger went out, when you were filled with sorrow. I need you to think of any empowering moment you ever had. Every emotion you ever felt." Autumn shouted at the girl. As she was talking the lights in the mall began to flicker. "You need to draw energy from any and every emotion you have because the world is not just anger and sadness so why should you be?" Eleven pulled herself up and let out a scream of determination. The lights of the mall were brighter than they had ever been, all the tables and chairs were floating in the air. "Thata girl." Autumn whispered. El gently placed every table and chair back to the floor, the lights went back to normal, and blood rushed down the girls nose.
"They're back." El cried in relief.
"You feel that now?" Kimber asked. El shook her head. "Exactly, you took back your mark."
"No.... theres still something here...." Autumn trailed off. She began walking around the food court inspecting the walls and floor.
"What do you mean?" Kimber questioned.
"I couldn't feel it as well before because El's power overrode it. But now that her power is back inside of her....." Autumn trailed off, she placed her hand firmly against the wall and her hands went through.
"Not possible...." El's eyes were wide.
"Is that..."
"The Upside Down." El replied.
The party joined the three in the middle of the mall, panicking about the fact the mall was connected to the Upside Down.
"Your mom closed the portal!" Mike yelled.
"I know!" Will and Johnathan screamed in unison.
"How is this possible?" Everyone was so frantic.
"... maybe... maybe the portal itself isn't open." Autumn quietly chimed in.
"What do you mean? We literally see the opening!" Robin yelled. 
"I can open portals and teleport to placed I have seen. I've seen small pieces of the Upside Down from El's memories. When I felt the energy earlier I didn't realize it wasn't coming from this side, it was coming from the other side. When I pushed on the wall I accidentally opened a portal, but it should've closed by now...." Autumn seemed very confused as to why her portal wouldn't close and it was making everyone anxious.
"Maybe something is trying to come through?" Nancy questioned.
"Great now we have to battle the mindflayer again." Steve said sarcastically.
"No, its not him. I can feel when he's around or if he's trying to come back. I don't feel him." Will said.
"Maybe its another monster?" Lucas replied.
"I mean possibly." Dustin continued.
"Help!" A mans voice echoed from the portal. "Please!" The three girls ran over to the gaping hole that had sprouted arms.
"Its a human." Kimber screamed in shock. Autumn made the portal bigger so the human could get through. The man fell to the ground and the hole closed. The group surrounded him in shock.
"How are you alive?" El's voice was weak.
"I fought for you kiddo." Hopper gave a weak smile to the girl. He was covered in slime, his face was covered in an unkept beard.
"I've missed you." El cried.
"There's still someone in there." Autumn stated blankly.

Little did they know, the mindflayer was building back his strength and he knew something they didn't.