Don't Sleep with the Drummer

summary:

❝Know what you're signing up for,❞ her friend warned, ❝He might be alluring now, but trust me, it's only that - an allure. Don't let your curiosity get the best of you; remember, curiosity killed the cat.❞

          ❝Why do you think I'm staring so hard?❞ Kayla scoffed. ❝I'm trying to get this kitty killed.❞

At first, Kayla Chambers saw getting in to Grand Arts High as a dream come true.
           But as the new fresh meat at her performing and visual arts high school, Kayla is about to learn there are strong forces keeping her out of the spotlight, and more importantly, away from the once beloved and championed musician, Kasen Gill.
Kasen came back from summer break different, though, and no one knows why someone with so much talent would swear to never play again.

author's note:

The name traditionally is pronounced Kaah-Sin. However, not many people can correctly make the throaty sound predominately used in the Arabic language. So, instead, you can say Kay-Sin if you're more comfortable with that, since that's how the teachers would be saying it, too. Speaking as someone who has an Arabic name, people 90% of the time never get it right unless they themselves know someone with the same name.

For three out of the four years, I went to high school at a performing arts school. For the location of this setting, I am picking the same school for both the name and looks because, despite it being hell, the school itself was beautifully built and right next to Chinatown, Downtown Los Angeles.

In a way to release the stories I've stored away from those years, I wanted to create this book and finally write the performing arts school drama I always wanted to but never did

There will be truth behind the experience I had, but some dramatized for entertainment purposes.

warning:

This story will have sexual and adult themes, underaged drinking, maybe violence, and definitely load of swearing. If you do not feel comfortable reading such content, then this is not the story for you.