Eren nodded

"When I heard you got with Annie in grade 12 I was sad, I never really didn't think about you.."

She paused, "Im sorry that sounded really creepy"

"No no, it's fine"

She continued, "Anyway, fast forward a few years, to when we met at the hospital. I was really glad to see you again, and to get to talk to you. Then I realized how stubborn you were, with trying to walk and all that. Then the boxing gym, and the few days after."

Eren cringed. "I'm really sorry about how I acted, I don't have any reasons why I did that, I was just so bitter about everything and you were the first person there to take it out on."

"Yeah.. that made me dislike you for a while.."

"I'm glad we became friends though.. even if it was just today" He began laughing, with Mikasa joining in a second after. After they stopped, Eren asked. "How'd you get so good at fighting? Levi teach you?"

"Yes he did." She responded "So, how about you?" She asked Eren, What's your life story?"

"Oh.. nothing much. School was boring,  okay grades, up until grade 12, when I met.. Annie. We really hit it off, She'd laugh at my shitty jokes, she told be problems she had. We seemed perfect." He paused. "The next three years were great.. We kept getting closer, her parents became like my own in a way. Then.. the fight happened, I was beat, and the next day she just left.. nothing showing that she would.." He knew what he was saying wasn't true, but this wasn't the time for it.

She was just about to ask about his parents, when the waitress came with their drinks.

"Raspberry tea.. and a water. You ready to order?"

Mikasa inhaled, "Oh shoot!" She began searching through the menu.

Eren stifled a laugh, and turned to the waitress, "I'll have spaghetti please"

She wrote it down, and when she was done, Mikasa's head popped up, "I'll have Ravioli please"

The waitress nodded and walked away.

Eren smiled at Mikasa, who looked up at him. He winked at her, causing her cheeks to turn pinkish, earning a chuckle from him.

"You're still mean"

"Nahh.. I'm not"

"Yes you are."

Eren playfully rolled his eyes, and Mikasa gave him a kick to his shin, making him jump slightly.

They both looked at each other, before Eren broke the silence.

"Mikasa.. I must say you look absolutely amazing.."

She began blushing again, "Stop.. I really don't."

"Yes you do. It felt like I was going to throw up when I saw you walk down those stairs, I was just taken aback. You should wear stuff like this more often,!other than the baggy sweat pants and sweatshirts you usually wear."

"You really think so..?" She asked Eren

"Of course I do."

She smiled, "Thanks Eren.. that means a lot"

He just nodded.

"You know.. so far it's been really fun.." He said. "I know this one isn't even over yet, but i'd like to take you out on another date again soon.."

Mikasa nodded, "I would like that Eren." She said, "I'm gonna be honest, I was worried about this. I didn't know anything about you, for all I knew you could have been a major asshole and treated me like you did the last few days, but I'm glad I got to see the real you Eren"

"I'm glad I got to see the real you too.." Eren said.

Twenty more minutes passed of them talking, then the food came. They thanked the waitress and began eating.

Once finished, the waitress came over. "How was everything?" She asked

"Wonderful" Mikasa said, smiling

"Everything was really good" Eren agreed.

She handed Eren the bill, and he opened it.

Mikasa handed him a twenty, "Here, here's for my half."

Eren shook his head, "No, I got it"

"You sure?"

He nodded

"Well thank you.." She said, placing the 20 back into her wallet, then her purse.

Eren payed, leaving a tip and they walked out.

"Have a good night!" They said together

"you too!" the Waitress responded.

"We still have another" thirty minutes, wanna just walk around while heading in the general direction or your house?" Eren asked.

Mikasa nodded, "sure"

They began talking to each other, both laughing and having a good time as they walked. Then, they both heard loud music and the whine of an engine. They both looked behind them, and watched as a super car sped down their way.

It suddenly slowed down, screeching to a halt next to them. The tinted window rolled down to show the face of Reiner.

"Sup shit-stain Yeager!" He yelled out at him.

He just kept walking.

"You got a new girl? Surprising, won't be long until she leaves though."

Eren heard a girl giggling, the same giggle Annie used to have when she'd laugh at his jokes.

Eren clenched his fist, his ears starting to get red. Mikasa took notice, and cupped her hand around his.

"Just ignore him Eren, it won't do you any good if you try fighting him again"

He nodded, and kept walking down the sidewalk.

"What's wrong? Nothing to say?"

Eren heard Annie's voice, but he couldn't make out what they were saying.

Reiner looked at him again, and smirked.

He began laughing loudly, before spitting out "Hey Eren.. Hows your mom?"

————
Done! another chapter for this book down. Thank you guys for reading!