Chapter 14 Help, Hugs, Loss, I'm sorry, and Don't Let Go

WARNING: MAY BREAK FEELS, AND CAUSE MINOR CRYING. (At least for me anyway)

Smarty:

I find access to a few cameras in the warehouse and use them. I see Cathy go into a curtain and Adam looking over at Anthony, crying. I pick my phone up and report this to the cops. They ask me a lot of questions, but I don't mind. I just hope my friends are okay.

Anthony POV:

I wake up to a loud sound, like a power tool, and someone screaming. I open my eyes and see Cathy with a chainsaw..

A chainsaw?! She couldn't have picked something less messy, I mean dang, when I die I don't want my blood to stain anything, making people scrub the stain for eternity. Okay, Anthony.. Focus, you're fixing to die bro.

I hear crying coming from behind a curtain, and I decide now is the time.

"ADAM!! I LOVE YOU! I ALWAYS HAVE!!" I yell, tears running down my face. Cathy puts the chainsaw just above my leg, when she's grabbed from behind and pulled through the curtain. The chainsaw dangerously drops to the ground and moves around in search of something to hack in two. I hear voices, but can't make out what they say thanks to the stupid chainsaw. I see a hand reach through the curtain, then a figure. It's a man, wearing a S. W. A. T. team uniform, but how did they know we were here?

The man walks over, avoiding the dangerous chainsaw, and unplugs it. I sigh in relief as my hearing is not blocked by that horrific noise. The man comes to me and unties me from the chair. I get up and rush to the curtain, only two things on my mind. Adam and Max.

I push the curtain away and see Adam crying in a chair with S. W. A. T. members surrounding him. He looks up into my eyes and pushes the men away from him, rushing to me and pulling me in for a giant hug. He sobs onto my chest and keeps repeating that he's sorry, but I just stroke his hair and tell him it isn't his fault. I stand there for a few minutes, trying to calm him down, when I remember someone else was with me.

MAX!

I make Adam look at me, and stare into his worried filled eyes.

"Where's Max?"

Adam looks over at another curtain and starts to cry again. I feel grief consume me as I remember I had filled him in, made him come help me, and in return... Killed him.

I couldn't protect him, why am I so sure I can protect Adam?..

-Large annoying time skip-

Two months later

Anthony POV:

I sit on the couch in my apartment all alone and think back to Max's funeral I didn't attend. I just, couldn't. I couldn't see my friend like that, knowing that I had caused it. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and pull it out to see a text from Adam. I ignore it and get up from the couch. I remember when I told him I couldn't be with him, I remember the broken look on his face, but I don't remember why I did it. I suppose it was to protect him, but who's going to protect me. I started cutting about a week after all of this happened, I was tired. Tired of being alone, tired of feeling guilty, tired of this big hole in my heart, tired of being here. I go into my bedroom and pull my phone out for the last time and call him.

Ring

Ring, ring

R-

"Anthony?! Thank god, why haven't you answered my texts? Why've you been ignoring me?" I take a deep breath, trying not to cry.

"Adam, I missed your voice." I say, tears streaming across my cheeks.

"Anthony.. What's wrong?" I feel selfish for what I'm about to say, but I say it anyway.

"Adam.. I love you, don't forget that. I really do love you." I slice my skin with the razor blade I use every time and see blood rush out. I do it over and over, deeper and deeper, within seconds I feel dizzy.

"What are you talking about? Anthony. Don't you dare do anything stupid!! I'm coming over! Do you hear me!?" I smirk at his protectiveness and say the only thing I can at this point.

"Too late." I whisper, loosing myself to the darkness quickly, dropping the phone as I fall back on my bed.

The last thing I remember hearing is Adam's beautiful voice.

"Anthony, don't let go. Whatever you do please don't let go."

~~~

Yeah.. Nothing to say to that... I was going to make it happy, but thought why the freak not?!

Anyway..

Enjoy,

Sorry if I broke your feels,

And

Stay Awesome.