Rosemary could tell the young girl was hiding something, but didn't question it as she stepped aside to allow Lucy to read the spell. She placed a hand on the girl of her sword, read to attack at any minute and looked around to make sure no one was watching them before nodding at Lucy to begin.

"Like the 'p' in psychology, the 'h' in psychiatry, invisible ink and the truth in theology-"

- - -

"Caspian," Edmund called out, causing the boy to stop his searching and turn to his friend. Caspian followed Edmund's line of sight to the small object lying on the ground and was quick to pick it up before the two locked eyes. "Lucy's dagger," Edmund breathed out.

However, the words had barely even left his mouth before something hit the ground beside him. Edmund jumped in surprise and turned to see a spear sticking out of the ground. "What-?" Edmund began, but he was cut off by more spears being thrown at them, their targets being the ground around them.

"Stop right there or perish!" a voice exclaimed, but to their surprise, there was no one to be seen. For a moment Edmund thought that the voice might have belonged to someone hiding out of sight, but it sounded like the person was right next to him which made him confused.

What kind of island had they landed on?

- - -

"The spell is complete. Now all is visible," Lucy finished reading before she looked up. Her eyes locked with Rosemary and the two looked around before looking back at each other.

"Did it work?" Rosemary questioned. Lucy went to respond, but fell quiet as soon as she caught sight of something. Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped making Rosemary look at her confused. "Lucy, what-?"

"Turn around," Lucy whispered and Rosemary furrowed her eyebrows before doing as the girl instructed, her eyes widening at the sight of one of the library ladders moving across the library as a floating book seemed to descend the ladder.

Rosemary blinked once and she was able to make out what seemed to be a figure of a man. Before she knew it, the figure was completely visible and Rosemary tensed once she realized the man had to be the Oppressor.

The man began to turn their way and Rosemary was quick to stand in front of Lucy protectively before drawing her sword, the tip of her blade only inches from the man.

The man then glanced up and his eyes locked with them and, upon realizing that they could see him, he was quick to stop. His eyes flickered over the two before he looked at the sword in Rosemary's hand. He glanced back up at Rosemary and raised an eyebrow.

Rosemary hesitated, her eyebrows furrowed together before she slowly began to lower her sword. Lucy gave her a questioning look, but didn't say anything as she watched the brunette put her sword back into its sheath. Then, before Lucy could even blink, Rosemary was sending the man a small smile and saying, "Hello."

Lucy groaned inwardly and leaned her head against Rosemary's shoulder. They were doomed.

- - -

"What sort of creatures are you?" Caspian asked, now both curious and frightened as he looked around him confused. It hadn't taken the group long to figure out that whatever had attacked them was invisible after they had been disarmed within seconds, but they could not for the life of them figure out just what the creature was.