Chapter 1- Alone

|||| тнe leaveѕ are мoѕтly вeaυтιғυl wнen тнeιr lιveѕ are coмιng тo an end. ι gυeѕѕ тнaт'ѕ wнen мoѕт тнιngѕ are aт тнeιr вeѕт... wнen тнey are dying. ||||

It's been 9 years since my mother died. Since then, my life has just gone in a downward spiral. I have no meaning anymore. My father hasn't been coping well either. I can't even remember when he was sane or if he even was.

I lie awake in bed with my alarm clock ringing nonstop. Too tired to move. My father yells something that I can't understand from behind my closed door and the sound of my alarm, but I can tell that he's mad so I get up to turn the screeching noise off. I hit the button but It doesn't go off. I press it down and it goes off. I used to be able to turn it off by just hitting it, but I'm getting weaker because of my eating disorder. My best friend killed herself a while back and left me with nothing else. I have no other friends, and I don't really want any.

I don't know what to wear so I just throw on a baggy grey hoodie, black leggings, and Ugg boots. For a second I think of just going in my pj's but I change my mind. I brush my long curly brown hair back into a bun and some pieces naturally fall out because of my jagged ends and my messed up layers. I attempted cutting my own hair, because my father won't pay for anything for me anymore. My father comes stomping down the hall into my room, "Come down stairs and make me breakfast! Then get to school." ...I cant even eat myself? Ugh. "Okay, sir." I hate my father. That seems harsh, I know but if you have lived with him you'd be saying the same thing. I grab my backpack from my chair, and l walk down the stairs following my father. "Now, I'm going to use the bathroom. When I get back I want my breakfast ready and if it's not.. No meals for a week." With that I hurried and popped some toast into the toaster and pored some orange juice into a cup. Shit! I forgot my father was allergic to citrus fruits. I quickly chugged it down as I heard my father open the bathroom door, on his way back. I pored some milk into another cup, but he scared me when he was coming around the corner and I dropped the cup and it broke every where and milk splattered all over the kitchen floor.

"What have you done you rat?" He yelled.

"I-I'm sorry! I was hurrying as fast as I-"

"Silence! Now for this, no meals for 2 weeks you fatass!" He screams into my face. He reached for his belt and I slung my backpack on my back and tried to run for the door but he grabbed my arm, and whacked me. OW! He hit the same bruise from last week across my stomach. He also grabbed the scratches on my forearm. I slapped him and ran out the door. The bus was just arriving and I jumped on. Here comes a long day.