Chapter 4: The tell-tale's birthday

Începe de la început

Kelly: "Oh my god, she actually thought I meant that!"

Allison was infuriated: "Do we look like we fucking care what a teacher said? While you are in this school you will do as we say."

Kelly: "Yes and if you dare tell ever again, you're dead."

"Yeah, so dead," Michelle added. "So you had better stand up or you can walk home in one shoe."

Natalie decided to obey, hoping that this little empty-headed joke of theirs would be over quickly and she could go out to her mum who must be getting impatient waiting for her outside in the car by now. 

Of course, it was  a trick. As soon as she got to her feet, Kelly grabbed the small girl's skinny arms and held them tightly behind her back while Allison whipped the victim's other shoe off.

"Too easy," Kelly remarked, as Allison almost simultaneously grabbed Natalie's cute denim jacket off the back of her chair.

Allison: "That's actually a nice jacket, is it new?"

Natalie: "Oh no, not my ---"

Before she could finish replying, Natalie found herself being pushed down on a table by Kelly and Michelle while Allison removed both of her black calf-high socks, leaving her barefoot.

"Now what the fuck are you going to do, tell the teacher?", Allison taunted the victim.

"No I won't, I promise, I just really have to go; can you just give me back my stuff please?", Natalie pleaded.

Kelly: "But you told a teacher last time, didn't you?"

Natalie: "I didn't mean to - I mean, I wouldn't tell on any individual person, I just had to get my bag back and it was out of my reach."

Kelly: "Hm that's true, I suppose."

Allison: "Yeah but that fucking teacher thought it was me and now he is watching me ALL the time! And that's your fault! So you have to apologise to us. Get on your knees and start saying sorry."

Natalie really felt strongly that she didn't want to get down on her knees. It felt like a step too far.

She felt like that would put her in too vulnerable a position and that could lead to any number of bad things.

Instead, she dared to remain standing while trying to reason with her tormentors - failing to appreciate how pathetic she looked with her small, narrow bare feet sticking out the bottom of her long black pants. 

"Look, I am really sorry I annoyed you all, I didn't mean to. I'm sure we could all be friends if we just get to know each other a bit."

Allison: "You have to understand that girls like us don't make friends with flat boy bitch teacher's pet Anti-Bullying Club Presidents like you. Now get the fuck on your knees and start begging if you want any of these clothes back."

Natalie just wanted to call her mum and tell her to come in and get her.

With that, Ben arrived. Strong, tall and impressively masculine at 18, Allison adored the very sight of him, as did most girls in her year, including Natalie.

Ben was six feet tall with broad shoulders and an athletic but muscly frame. With his strong arms and legs he looked great wearing anything – especially shorts and t shirt.

But he was Allison's boyfriend and that was all that mattered to her. It meant a lot to her that Ben was here to support her.

With Ben's mere arrival, Natalie's humiliation was already complete.