chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Amaro’s POV

I smiled slightly at Sam as he handed me a mug full of steamy hot chocolate.

“Well, I’ve told you guys my story. How about you tell me yours? Why did you attack me that one night in the alley?” I asked quietly. I noted the way Sam and Jae exchanged looks and the looked uncomfortable. After a few moments of awkward silence, Sam cleared his throat and began talking.

“Well. We were assigned to capture you for our alpha.” He said and when he made no sign to continue, I nodded and thought. His alpha? So.. were they some sort of weird shape-shifters too?

Apparently I voiced my thoughts because Jae answered me.

“Well, I guess you could say we are shape shifters. We’re werewolves, although our ancestors are the same as yours. Our kind broke off from the shape shifters a while ago though.”

“What do you mean?” I asked and he smiled at me. Oh, what a beautiful smile.. I adored the way his eyes seemed to light up when he smiled.

“Well, thousands of years ago, werewolves were considered just regular shape shifters too. There was no distinction between the two. Simply one person could shift into a wolf.

Well anyways, there were two leaders that lead the shifters. One in the south and one in the north.”

“South and North of what?” I interrupted.

“South and North of the world love. The leader of the South was named Anzo. He could shift into a wolf. He was not a good leader. All the shifters in the south were poorly treated and the south itself was dirt poor. The leader of the North was named Cassia. The northern shifters thrived, the land was fertile and rich. She could shift into three different animals, which was extremely special. Most shifters couldn’t even shift into two animals, let alone three. While Anzo could only shift into a wolf, Cassia could shift into an eagle, a panther, and a sun bear. Anzo was jealous of her power, not only because she was blessed and could shift into three different animals, but also because she was considered a Violet Warrior.”

“What’s a Violet Warrior?” I cut in.

“I’m not sure why they are called Violet Warriors but they are considered the strongest shifters outside of the werewolf group and because they are normally blessed and can shift into multiple animals. Cassia was the only known shifter that could shift into three animals.” Sam answered. Jae nodded and continued his story.

“Anzo was fiercely jealous of her because she had these traits. One summer, he went to Cassia’s fortress and demanded that she married him. But Cassia was smart, knowing that if she married him, he would have control over her. She would have to do as he said and that meant putting her northern shifters in jeopardy. She declined his offer and he was furious. When he returned to his home land, he demanded that his officers go out and kill every southern shifter that could not shift into a wolf. Of course, with so many shifters being killed, the wolf shifters thrived while the others perished.

Fifteen years passed by and Anzo was still bitter for Cassia declining his marriage proposal. So he declared war against her. His wolves against her shifters.

It was a bloody battle. It was a massacre. Cassia was the only Violet Warrior at the time. She knew and her people knew that they needed more Violet Warriors if they were going to win this war.

Nine months later, she had triplets. Over the years, the Violet Warriors increased their numbers and for a while had the werewolves running with their tails tucked between their legs. But seventeen years ago, the last female Violet Warrior had been killed in battle. The only way you can truly make a Violet Warrior is if you had a male and a female. There was no way the Violet Warriors could reproduce and without them, the battle has been won for werewolves.”

“Wow.. So this battle has been going on for more than a thousand years?” I asked and he nodded. I sipped at my hot chocolate and thought about the Violet Warriors. Did they shift into purple animals or something? I looked over at Sam, then back to Jae.

“So, are you guys shifters or werewolves?” I asked curiously.

“We are werewolves.” Sam said and as if to demonstrate, he got up, walked into the middle of the room and shifted.

Into the wolf from the other night.

Without knowing what I was doing, I leaped at him and shifted mid-air into a white tigress. I crashed into him head first and the force pushed him back into a coffee table and the glass shattered.

“Whoa hold on!” I heard Jae say but I wasn’t listening to him. My focus was to kill this beast in front of me. I extended my claws and swiped at his face, almost purring when my paw made contact with the soft flesh at his side. He yelped out in pain, then turned at attacked me.

He pinned me to the ground and he was standing over me, his teeth inches from my face. I tried to jab at him with my paw again but the angle was too awkward, so I extended my back claws and raked them across his stomach and he cried out in pain. I felt his crimson liquid seeping into my paws. Suddenly I saw another wolf out of the corner of my eye.

This wolf was bigger than Sam! Massive! His fur was such a dark shade of brown, it almost looked black. Was he going to attack me too? I kicked Sam off me and faced this strange wolf. I hissed at him and he snarled back. I looked around frantically for Jae. I would not let this wolf hurt my mate!

I heard Sam shift back into his human form and he groaned. I glanced at him and he was holding his bleeding stomach. I almost felt bad for doing what I did to him. Almost, but not quite.

“Jae..” he groaned and the huge wolf walked over to him and licked Sam’s face lightly.

Wait.

That wolf was Jae?

Jae had snarled at me?

I cried out in despair. Oh, he was exactly the same as my mom and dad! Acting like he gave a damn, then turning around and shoving it in my face. He hated me! I cried out again and I heard Jae whimper. I shifted back into my human form and ran from the room and locked myself in the bathroom.

_____________________________________________________________

Jae’s POV

I saw her run from the room, but at that moment I didn’t care. I looked back over at Sam. He was in bad shape. If he didn’t get help, he wouldn’t last much longer. I felt myself change back into my human form but I could feel my wolf growling and snarling. He was mad at Amaro and he was mad at me. I shook my head. Sometimes my wolf could be just as complicated as a girl.

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the phone off the wall and called Sonya.

“Hello?” She answered on the first ring.

“Sonya, its me.”

“Oh hey Jae. What up?” She asked, all formality gone.

“Sam and I got into a scuffle and I think I went too far. He’s hurt pretty bad.” I lied and gritted my teeth.

“I’ll get someone to get him immediately,” She said and I heard the line go dead. I walked over to Sam.

“Sam, I told Sonya that-“

“I know. I can still hear you know.” He retorted and I laughed. Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang and I answered it. I saw a young girl, maybe nineteen years old with a reddish-brown hair and soft brown eyes.

“Hi, I’m Claire. I’m here to get Sam.” She said politely and I gestured towards him. I heard her gasp but she said nothing as she walked over to him with three men behind her, put him on a stretcher and walk out the door.

I busied myself to cleaning the mess and after I finished, I began to look for Amaro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment and tell me what you think of this chapter :o

Ohhhh and look at the video on the side :D its soooooooo funny :p