Chapter 1: Not so bad coming back home

Depuis le début

Before I can even begin to explain myself and talk, she was already formulating theories in her weird brain of hers. I've known her for so long that it was really easy for me to read her.

She became all jumpy and excited like she had discovered a really interesting secret. She held both of my hands and stare intensely at me.

Damn, what is my weird bestfriend thinking right now? I asked myself.

"Is this your way of coming out to me? I mean.." She was being coy. 

"I'm NOT gay!" I screamed. 

I'm not homophobic I promised.. I just felt like I need to stress the words out for Sarah to understand.

"Okay, okay.. geez, need not be so defensive about it." She said retracting from me.

I might have scared her a little when I raised my voice.

"Um.. can I.. can I?" I can't bring myself to ask when my stomach began to growl loudly.

We both stared at my stomach when I start to rub it.

"You're hungry!" She took my hand.

Yes, I am so hungry. I haven't eaten anything since my long travel back home. I was just about to ask her for food but I was really shy. 

I followed her in the kitchen. She brought out two plates. 

"Your timing is perfect. I'm just about to eat dinner." She said smiling warmly.

"At least I won't be eating alone this time." She added.

Her parents are always away for business trips. She's usually alone in their mansion. 

"Still not gonna tell me why you cut your hair short and why you are dress like that?" She asked again.

Yeah, she's a very persistent girl. Once she grew curious about something, she won't stop bugging you.

"I'll tell you later. It's a long story." I said while focusing on the food. 

Sarah has talent when it comes to cooking. I miss this kind of comfort food. Tyler and I both suck at cooking. We usually order fastfood which isn't really very healthy. 

"Fine." She nodded while taking a bite from her plate. She looks excited to hear the story. 

There's really nothing exciting about my story. I said to myself.

"You really missed my cooking don't you?" She asked proudly while giggling.

I'm so embarrassed right now. I guess I look like I haven't eaten properly for a long time.

Which is true. I think I was slowly drifting to depression because of all my misfortune.

She notice how uneasy I was. She glance at my free hand and held it on her own.

"Hey, everything alright?" She asked concern.

I force a smile. "Yeah, I just really miss you and your great cooking skills." I move my hand away gently. 

"More water?" I asked instead while eyeing her empty glass.

"Sure." I pour her glass. "how about you? Want more pasta?" She asked sweetly.

I shook my head. I'm already full. 

"Do you know where my mom went?" I asked changing the topic.