I Don't Need Friends

Zacznij od początku

"Mai, don't go saying stuff like that out loud, I've got enough of those warlords on my case already."

"Sorry, but, you haven't answered my question."

Sora looked away from me and she then frowned a little.

"Yeah..."

"I knew it, how long have they been bothering you?"

"...Since we came here and when those Ronin attacked...after going through a fight like that, I broke a promise to myself that I won't raise my fighting abilities against anyone unless it was necessary but, being in the Sengoku era, it feels like it's not an option at this point."

I could see the frustration and the anger in Sora's eyes and I knew what she was going through.

"Sora, you can't let Maria's death keep getting to you, it wasn't your fault that she died."

"You weren't there Mai! you don't know the things I've seen or what I've done!"

Sora snapped at me but, she then calmed down afterwards.

"Mai, I've got blood on my hands and it's not from the Ronin or the people who I killed to serve my country...Maria's blood was spilt on my hands because I was too weak to help her...and because of me she's dead! if I wasn't badly injured that day then maybe Maria would still be alive..."

I was shocked that Sora would say something like that and I said to her.

"Sora, it doesn't matter what happened that day, sure I don't know what you did or what you saw on the battlefield when you were still a part of the army but, what I can tell you is this. You can't let the past get to you, you need to let Maria go, blaming yourself for her death isn't helping you move on, it's been a year since she died, you were living a normal life-"

"And now look where we are! the Sengoku period is nothing but filled with wars and bloody battles...how am I supposed to move on when these warlords care about nothing but, war, bloodshed and unifying this country?! if you ask me, this place feels like nothing but hell for me."

I was shocked when she said this and then Sora turned her back towards me.

"I've said too much, I'm gonna go to my room and do me a favour, tell that Devil King I won't be attending to another war council."

"But Sora-"

"Just do it, Mai!" Sora shouted angrily and I decided not to push her anymore.

"All right, gomen, Sora-nee, get some rest while you can, all right?"

"Yeah, sure..."

Sora left the room and I watched her leave with a worried expression on my face.

"Sora..." I mumbled after hearing what she told me.

I got to the audience hall to have dinner with the other warlords and then Masamune noticed Sora wasn't with me.

"Hey Lass, where's Sora? isn't she coming?"

"No, she told me to tell Nobunaga that she won't be coming, again..."

I mumbled the last part and then Mitsunari spoke up.

"Now that I think about, Sora hasn't been attending to any of the war council meetings or joining us for dinner since she came here, I wonder if she's looking after herself properly."

"She is, it's just that Sora doesn't like being in a large group of people, she prefers to be alone."

Mitsunari looked at me surprised and then Hideyoshi asked me.