Act 4: The Deal

Name: Honoka Shizune

Age: 27

Silver: Shapeshift

Ring: Jestare

Yukio and Lilia are led to a carriage near the edge of the forest. Two black stallions pull it. Boni is put in a birdcage and set in the back of the carriage, 'meeping' softly.

"It's okay, Boni," Yukio whispers to her. "This will be fun!"

Boni only glances at him sadly, her golden eyes shimmering.

Yukio and Lilia step into the carriage (Lilia pushing Blades' hand away, telling him that she can walk herself) and sit down, hands still chained. Honoka and Blade sit at the front of the carriage, Honoka holding the reigns. She flicks the ropes, and the stallions trot forward.

"This is your fault," Lilia whispers angrily to Yukio. "You're the one who wanted to find this stupid Carousel, and now we're being captured and taken to who knows where-"

"Jestare!"

"And that, too! You think everything is a game! We might get killed, or worse!"

Yukio stares forward, smiling a bit.

"Danger is what makes the perfect adventure."

Lilia glares at him and looks out the small window of the carriage. There's nothing to see but trees for miles, and fog blacks out most of them. The inside of the carriage is plain: The seats are upholstered with leather, and everything has a gold finish. White curtains are on the windows, and the sides are made of wood-

"Wood," Lilia whispers to herself.

"Her name is Lilia Cornelius. She can decay any living organism, as well as restore its cells."

"What a powerful Silver..."

Lilia looks around the carriage. The body of the carriage is made completely of wood- if she focused really hard, maybe-

"Yukio," Lilia whispers, "I have a plan."

He looks over, grinning.

"Oh, boy! Adding to the adventure, Lilia?"

She glares at him and continues. "The carriage is made of wood. If I can-"

"Hey! I wanna share secrets too!" Blade exclaims and moves from the front to the back of the carriage. He sits between them, fake-smiling and looking from Lilia to Yukio expectantly.

"So," he continues, "Spill the tea. Tell me everything."

Lilia looks at Blade like he's an idiot. If Yukio tells him the plan, we're screwed...

"Well, if you want to know," Yukio chimes. "We were talking about our home, Carnevale."

Blade looks suspiciously at Yukio. "Really?"

"Mmhmm! It's only the best Ring in Silver!"

"Better than Jestare?"

"Of course!"

Blade turns away. "Sounds pretty lame."

"Just like you!"

The carriage goes silent. Lilia looks at Yukio, surprised. Honoka snorts from the front of the carriage. Blade slowly turns to Yukio.

"What did you say?"

"Well, anyone stupid enough to treat me like this is obviously handicapped."