Injured.

Tony was flying at fast as his suit could fly back to the Tower, with Peter in his arm. Spiderman had been shot three time in the chest, two time in his lower abdomen and had been stabbed on his left shoulder.

Peter had fell into the trap. He saw a group of three men were trying to stab a woman but as soon as he landed on the ground, another 5 men came out of nowhere and began to shoot at him.
He had bled far way too much and Tony was horribly panicking.

Bruce had immediately snatched the boy from his embrace and dragged him into surgery with Dr.Cho while Pepper was trying to calm the shaken man down, but failing miserably. Tony was panicking, tears fell like a waterfall during a rainstorm,until he blacked out on her.

——————————————————
When he woke up in his room,he immediately ran to the med bay, completely ignoring Pepper's shouting.

'PeterPeterPeter.God.Mykid.Myson', that was all he thought when he bumped into Bruce.

"BRUCE! H-how is he? HOW IS HE?", he was at the verge of a mental breakdown again and he sure would if the doctor didn't calm him down.

Bruce grabbed his arms, looking straight into his wet eyes.

"Tony calm down. He's okay, Peter's alive. Now breathe. Take a deep breath", he made his voice firm to make sure Tony got what he said.

Pepper came running behind him, face worried. Worried about his fiancé, worried about the kid who somehow had managed to enter their live a year ago, making their life full of sunshine and rainbows.Ever since May had died because of cancer, they had taken care of the boy like their own son.

"Can I see him?", he stuttered when he managed to calm down for a bit.

"Yes, Tony... but we don't know when he'll wake up. It was really bad Tony. We lost him twice during surgery but he's a strong kid. I'm sure he'll be okay.Get me if anything happens.", He felt the doctor squeezed his shoulder before he left ,leaving him with Pepper.

Pepper took his hand and gave him a tug.

"Come on. Let's see our kid".

The moment they stepped into the room, their hearts broke at the sight of the boy.
He looked small, too young to be in this situation.

Tony quickly sat on the chair next to the bed, taking Peter's hand in his free hand and bringing it to his lips.
Pepper just stood there, running her fingers into the boy's curly hair and kissed his forehead.

Tony fell asleep on the chair, hands never leaving his son's while Pepper just went back to bed because as much as she hated it, she still had loads of work to do tomorrow morning.