Chapter 2 ♡

A/N : guys, I sound rlly dumb when i get so excited over something so tiny but i've got 13 reads already. I updated this yesterday lmao but yhhhh im so excited and thankq guys for being og readers lols

Harrison POV

"No, no, no, no, no," I said to myself as I pulled out my radio, calling for backup. I had absolutely no idea what to do. I hadn't been in a situation like this before. In no time, I had Reidy in the tower with me. I held her pulse as he ran to the phone and called an ambulance. Jesse came racing up too. When he came up, he looked shocked. But then he shook his head and came over to get her on oxygen that was on the back of the buggy.

As her small body lay in front of me, I was going through everything. Possible things that could go wrong flashed through my mind, such as her dying right in front of us. I didn't want anything like that to happen, so I brushed off the thought. In no time, the paramedics had arrived. We tried getting her to respond, and the ambos even gave her a shot of adrenaline, but nothing seemed to work. But then, one of the paramedics spoke up.

"She has barely any saliva in her mouth and she's not sweating, meaning she is low on bodily fluids. As of now, we need to call intensive care paramedics in order to give her fluids. After maybe 45 minutes or an hour of fluids, she should be good to go. But there's no need to take her to the hospital because it's not overly dramatic. Just a little rest and some fluids should help her get back on track," the paramedic said as Jesse, Yatesy, Reidy and I nodded. I looked at her; just looking at her gives me butterflies. This girl is different, but I'm not entirely sure how.

*Fast forward, currently 3:32pm*

Maxi POV

It was nearly the end of the day for us. The crowds were dying down, and it was only just passed 3:30. Then again, it's not quite holidays, and it's a Monday. People would still be working. Although, taking in Bondi's beautiful quiet moments was all I needed until silly season came around. You don't see much of the sand around that time of year.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud, and very sudden noise.

"Oi, she's awake!!" Hoppo's voice rung through the room. All 9 of the lifeguards working today were gathered in or near the tower, as there were barely 1,000 people on the beach. I raced down from the top part of the tower, and saw her fragile body, lying there silently. I leaned on the first-aid bench and Harrison came hurrying in from outside the tower. I laughed to myself as I saw him bolt in, then act all calm when he got near the boys. Typical Harrison.

Millie POV

My eyes were weighed down. I was drowsy, unable to move. I had not one clue where I was, but it smelt like sunscreen and men's deodorant. "Oi, she's awake!!" A voice blared from complete silence. Footsteps raced towards me and weird noises came from left, right and centre. Not even a moment had passed, and I was surrounded by around 9 men; some were in blue shirts, but others had their shirts off. A familiar voice filled the room, "Hey, how are you feeling?" His piercing green eyes stared into mine. It felt like hours we were just there, not even 1 foot away from each other, but in reality, it wouldn't have been more than 5 seconds. "I'm fine, but what happened to me?" I looked up at him and he helped me sit up. "You passed out in front of the tower. We initially had no idea what happened to you until we got paramedics out here and told us you were extremely dehydrated."

I had not even a clue as to how long I was passed out for. "How long was I out for?" He shrugged and gave me some oxygen. "Maybe 2 hours." There was a long pause as I began to process what had just happened. "My names Harrison." He introduced himself, then pointed to each one of the other 8 men standing around. "This is Hoppo, Jesse, Maxi, Kerrbox, Singlets, Reidy, Deano and Yatesy. A lot of the old blokes here today." They all chuckled and looked back at me. Then, several other men, along with a girl emerged into the tower. "Oh, almost forgot. This is Whippet, Corey, Jake, Chappo, Matt Dee, Harries, H man, Azza, the other Azza, Gonzo, Bacon, Max Ayshford, Jethro, Bisho, Quinno, Mouse, Glick and the only female lifeguard, Nicola." He pointed to each one of the lifeguards as they entered.