Chapter 15

Chapter 15 –

Last chapter:

“Jonah Kal, you are under arrest for attempted murder…” A deep voice began and then I couldn’t hear anything anymore. I saw Lisa’s face in front of me, she grabbed onto my shoulders shaking me, mouthing words. No, she was talking, but I didn’t understand what she was saying. Panic filled her eyes as well as tears and she gestured to someone behind me. I was lifted from the ground as far as I could feel and she held onto my hand as I was moved away from the scene, lifted from the puddle of my own blood. She wiped at her tears, which fell at an incredible rate. I stared up at her, my mouth opened and the blood starting to dry on my face.

“We’re too late.” I made up her muffled voice before my eyes closed and it was dark and peaceful.

2 months later

His face was stuck in my mind, it scared my every being and I never wanted to close my eyes. “Now Valerie… don’t make me mad… you know the consequences...” Words that he only spoke in my head tore through my dreams, ripping away every shred of closure and security. I panicked; I didn’t want to go through it again. Sweat dripped down my forehead as my nails dug into my palms from all the fear I let sink into them.  My heart banged against my rib cage as he was coming closer and my body shook and couldn’t stop. I felt as if the temperature both dropped and increased, as my body couldn’t decide if it was frozen cold or burning hot. Either way I shook and my vision blurred, but I saw him, his hand swinging back, it’s intent to collide with my face and I couldn’t bear it any longer.

“No, no, no, no, please… please no!!” I quivered my knees giving way as I dropped to the floor, my back relying on the cold locker to keep me from turning into a shaken mess on the floor.

“Ha-ha-ha!!” He laughed, it echoed over and over in my head and I didn’t know if I was hearing things, or if he was still laughing, dizziness entered my body like a fluid down my throat, I grabbed onto the floor not sure where I was looking or what I was doing. But I could see him, in the corner of my eyes, he hand let his hand drop by his side and instead moved his leg back ready to kick.

“NOOO!!!” I screamed with all the strength I had, my voice echoed in every empty hallway, “NOOO PLEASE NO!! STOP PLEASE….NO…” My screams turned into sobs as I shot awake from the dream that was so close to reality it both baffled and consumed me.

I screamed into my hands as I brought my knees to my chest, the sheets around me seeped in my sweat and a shiver ran up and down my whole body. I sobbed heavily as I looked down at my hands, which were shaking to the extent of sanity. I noticed movement across the room and a door suddenly opened letting light enter my bedroom.

“No, no, please no…” I stared down at my hands and rocked back and forth, my eyes wide and numb from the tears that couldn’t stop rolling down my face. A pair of warm strong hands grabbed my own but I could look away from my hands, which were still trembling with all the fear my body possessed. “No… no more, please, no…” My mind spoke the words uncontrollably and I couldn’t stop it, I didn’t want any more.

“Hey...” A soothing voice called. “Val, look at me.” A squeeze to my hands proved that the voice was real and I slowly looked up, my lower lip trembling. “Valerie it’s going to be okay, just follow my voice, come back to me, I need you here.” It finally registered to me that it wasn’t real, it was just a dream.

“Remember what we said Val?” Adrian’s soothing voice spoke as he wiped away my tears with his thumb. “He’s gone.” He said squeezing my hand.