I called you because I couldn't fall asleep

You were jarred awake by the sound of the phone ringing, shrill and blaring, you squinted at your alarm clock and saw that the time was 2.30am
"Who the fuck?" you grumbled to yourself as you pulled the covers back, the ringing continued, breaching into your sleepiness.

"Alright, alright" you climbed out of bed and shuffled to the handset outside your bedroom door.

"Hello?" You answered as you stifled a yawn.

"Hey, It's me." You instantly recognized the voice coming out of the reciever.

"Billy, you alright?" you questioned, worried as to why he was up so late at night.

"I called you because I can't fall asleep" he said softly.

"Is everything okay?" You slid onto the floor, crossing your legs and resting your back against the wall.

"My dad just went in on me tonight, worse than usual" his voice sounded insecure and shaky, like he had been crying. You sighed sadly at his answer. Fucking Neil.

"I'm sorry" You apologized for his father, even though his actions were often inexcusable. "What can I do to help?"

You heard him breathing down the phone. "I dunno, just be there...I wish you were here. I never have trouble sleeping when you're next to me." he sniffed.

"You know I'd come over but I can't walk it over there at this time, a bear or something might eat me" you said, trying to lift the mood.

A soft laugh came down the phone from him.

"You could come here, if you wanted? My dad's asleep and didn't even hear the phone so I doubt he'd wake up if you did" you asked him gently.

"You sure?" He asked hopefully.

"Yeah, of course, but no funny business Billy, I'm tired" you cooed playfully and you could literally hear him pout down the phone.

"None at all? It would help me sleep..." he grumbled.

"I don't doubt that, just get your butt over here" you said with a smile.

"Alright, I won't be long, see you soon" You heard the line click dead and put the handset on the floor, yawning. You stretched your legs out and considered making coffee, but tiredness overwhelmed you and you stayed on the floor, rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

Twenty minutes later, small knocks came from the front door and you heaved up off the carpet to answer it. Billy was stood there, his hair scruffed, his eyes puffy, dressed in sweatpants and a worn twisted sister shirt, you waved him in and quietly shuffled to your room. Once inside you clicked your door shut and watched as he slowly climbed into your quilt, sighing happily as his head sank into the pillow. He lay there, eyes closed with his messy curls falling around his ears and you smiled at his adorableness. Gently you slid into bed next to him and he immediatly wrapped his arm around you and pulled you into his body, with a contented groan, he rolled onto his back and scooped you over so your head was laying on his chest and he kissed your hair tenderly.

"This is way better" he said sleepily. "I love sleeping next to you." he purred happily. You rested your arm across his muscled stomach and squeezed him slightly. "Thanks baby" he mumbled into you as his breathing deepened.

"Anytime Billy" You closed your eyes as the rhythmn of his heartbeat lulled you back to sleep.