o.o2

CHAPTER 2

I NEVER knew i had it in me

I NEVER knew i had it in me. I just felt so furious with Veronica for talking crap about my family. I was currently waiting in the principal's office to hear my punishment. I looked to my left and saw Charles Wallace gently smiling at mine. I tilted my head and sent one back. He waved as the principal came round the corner.

"Your next, Charles Wallace" He announced and shut the door so it was just us in the room now. He walked over to his desk and crossed his arms.

"Veronica Kiley's parents are on their way here" He told me in a disappointing tone "They're worried for their daughter's safety" i looked up at him slowly.

"Their daughter is mean" I spoke in a calm tone. He turned around.

"You hit her in the face" he retorted back. Principal Jenkins sat down in his chair and moved towards the desk.

"You..." He trailed off "You were a top student, Top attitude but look at you now. Your...aggressive, you're hostile, you shut almost everybody out and then wonder why they don't like you"

"I don't really wonder and i don't really care" i told him honestly. He pursed his lips and leaned back in his chair.

"Maybe that's your problem" He said

"I don't have a problem" I answered back confused.

"You can't keep using Meg's safety and your's uncle's  disappearance as an excuse to act out" I looked down in embarrassment. "What do you think they would say about all of this? seriously if they walked in that door today. what would happen?"

I shook my head "The world will make sense again"

He sighed "Listen, all i'm saying is it's been four years, the odds are he's not coming back" I couldn't stand the way he was talking to me. My anger built up as I casually got up out the chair and walked out the room with Mr. Jenkins calling me back.

BACK AT HOME

"I want you to write an apology to Principal Jenkins" My aunt Kate told me sternly. I turned back and nodded in an agreement. "And...one to Veronica" I looked back at her.

"Aunt Kate!" I nearly shouted "She called Charles Wallace crazy!"

"That's no excuse" She finished and stared at me before walking off.

"Well, Uncle Alex always told me to stand up for what i believe" I answered as she slowly looked back at me her eyes filled with sadness.

"Don't use Alex like that, it's not fair"

"He's not coming back, is he?" We heard a voice to see Meg joining into our conversation. She walked over to the two of us.

"Don't give up hope, Meglet" She said reassuringly. KNOCK KNOCK.

"come in! i knew it was you!"