Welcome to Short Story Profile

"A short story is a love affair, a novel is a marriage." - Lorrie Moore

✤ ✤ ✤

Modern literature might have forgotten about short story. But we haven't! 

Our profile is for everything short, but not necessarily sweet. Here you'll find a broad range of short stories, handpicked carefully by our team to cater to your short story needs. We search high and low, so you don't have to.

Some stories will make you laugh; some might make you cry. Some stories may give you a bit of a fright while others will transport you to another world. Some poems may even make you want to fall in love (*sigh*).  

ShortStory will bring stories, poems, and contests that resonate with you and keep you coming back for more. The Short Story community is your first and best opportunity to enjoy a bite-sized piece of creative writing.

 The Short Story community is your first and best opportunity to enjoy a bite-sized piece of creative writing

If the above sounds like something you're interested in, you're in the right place. If you're looking to engage with short stories by reading them or have written a piece you feel qualifies as a short story and that you'd like to share, then you're definitely in the right place. 

Join us in our short story journey. :)

Psss: Did you know we have a Wattpad Creators Newsletter? Don't miss a beat. Fresh updates, news, and resources for writers are delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up HERE.