chapter 11.... Stories and more

Start from the beginning

As much as I wanted to know what happened, I wouldn't want to know it at the cost of troubling him. "He pushed my mom to the ground. She fell on the lawn screaming and writhing in pain and that man just walked away with his friends leaving her like that! I was only 12 back then, I managed to get mom to the hospital with my family's help. That is where Nia was born, she was a premature 7 month born because of that man! My baby sister was in the incubator for 3 days after her birth, because of him!" his hurt and pained expressions now changed to anger. But he continued, "After that, he begged for forgiveness to my mom, he said he was high and so he misbehaved with her and he wouldn't do it again. But after that twice he came home drunk and hit my mom. The second time, he went as far as trying to throw Nia on the floor. That was it! Mom had tolerated enough, we had tolerated enough. We left that house with a 3-month-old Nia with us. My mom was a successful businesswoman and the only heiress of my grandfather's hotels. That was the only income when my mom was with that man too. Later we shifted here. It was the midterm, so I had to repeat a year. That's why I am in your class when I'm a year older." He looked me in the eye, "I lost my faith over love. I had seen a very horrible version of this word. My mom and Nia mean the world to me, they are all I need. We are happy the way we are. I don't need a dad to complete my family." Shane had been through such terrible times, I didn't know what it would have been like, but from what Shane said, I could feel his pain. He always seems like a strong person, which he is, but he is also hurting. I hugged him tightly. "I think I should go," he said, shifting to get up. I could see his eyes soften like he would cry any minute. He has always been there for me, now when he needs me; I can't just let him walk away. "No, stay," I held his hand and looked at him.

He stopped and sat beside me like he was initially sitting. I then turned to face him, "Shane, I can see you have been through a lot. It must have been horrible, your worst nightmare, even. But things are different now." He was still staring at the ground. "You just can't keep running away. You have to give life a second chance. It's okay to fall in love, Shane." I smiled as his eyes met mine. "I don't know. I don't want anything that will distract me from my duties towards my family. Many think going to the park with your younger sister is lame, but I love it. I love watching my sister play, coz she seems too happy. I can do anything to keep my mom and Nia happy." "Who said she will be a distraction?" I began, "When you truly love someone, that person will be with you in everything. She will share your happiness, your sorrow, responsibilities even. You have taken care of everyone, even me. It's only fair if you have someone to take care of u. She will be someone special, someone as important as Nia and your mom; someone who makes your life worth living. There is someone for you too. You just don't know." "He looked at me lovingly and asked, "You have been through so much. How did you not llosefaith in love?" I smiled before answering, "There were times when I thought its all bullshit. But then I am not going to give up on something as beautiful. It hurts, sure, but it also shows you what it is like to live for someone else." When I looked at Shane, his eyes had a very different spark in them, an emotion that I hadn't seen him carry. "I know what it is like to have someone share your responsibility, happiness and sorrow with. There is someone who is as special to me as mom and Nia. She makes my life worth living," I grinned at him, "Who?" A small smile made its way to his lips before he answered, "You."

My eyes widened and my heart sank at what I just heard. Nobody had ever said anything so nice to me. Not even Wes had made me feel so special. I didn't know what to do or how to react. Our eyes were locked in each other and there was just silence between us. Surprisingly, it wasn't weird or awkward. Am I just having a moment with Shane? I tore my eyes off him, "I- I," I cleared my throat as couldn't find my voice. "I'll get.. You s-something," I got up from the floor and walks towards the door. I was about to leave the room before his hand gripped my wrist. My heart was beating faster now; I could hear my own heartbeat. I just closed my eyes and stood there. His hand slowly slipped upwards to my arm and he turned me around to face him, he walked closer to me. "Everything I need is here," he whispered in my ear. I looked into his eyes, only to see me in them. He pulled me closer; we were just inches away from each other his breath was practically fanning my face. I could hear our heartbeat in a rhythm, being this close to him; I could feel his heart hammering in his chest. His grip tightened around my waist as he placed his other hand on my cheek. My hands were on his chest, holding his shirt which seemed like my only support as my knees felt like jelly! It seemed so magical. We were so lost in each other, he leaned closer and my eyes shut automatically. As soon as his lips met mine, a thousand firecrackers started bursting in my head, there were goosebumps on my skin and butterflies in my stomach. I had kissed Wes before, but it was nothing like this, not even my first kiss. His lips melted on mine and without a second thought, I kissed him back. Our lips moved in sync before he deepened the kiss. We were so much into the moment that I didn't realise when he carried me to bed and before I knew it, our clothes were disposed of. What happened after that is what turned everything around!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello dear readers, I am so sorry it took me long to update. I had my exams on.

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Shane and Diana finally. What do you guys think? Let me know, I would love your feedback.

●Vote.

●Comment.

Keep reading. Love ya! :-*