Chapter 1 ➡ I turned to see "Mr. Dallas"

Melinda Brooks

Today I'm going to a new school. I'm not really anxious, I didn't even want to come to California. Just because my whole family is here, my parents decided to come back and leave New York.

In this moment I'm laying on my bed thinking about all of this and not wanting to get up to go to school.

"Melinda!" My mother called from downstairs. She only calls me that when she's mad... Uh oh.

"On my way!" I yelled.

Eventually I got up and got ready to school.

When I left my room there she was, my mother waiting for me to get downstairs.

"Well I'm here now!" I said.

"Come on, you don't want to be late on your first day, so go eat your breakfast."

"Okay." I said sitting to eat what my mom prepare.

After the breakfast I left home.

Because I didn't know anyone, I walked to school alone. Maybe it was better if I had done what my mom told me to and if I had met the boy that lives in front of our house. Whoops.

I ended up getting lost a few times, but eventually I got there.

I was looking at my schedule when I bumped into someone.

"Lost?" A cocky boy asked, smiling.

"No, I was good until you got in my way."

"Wow, calm down! You are the one who wasn't looking where you were going!"

"Oh. Now I'm late, BYE!"

I started walking a bit faster.

"I'm sorry, but do you know where your class is ?" Some girl asked me.

I started walking a bit slower realizing that I didn't know where I was going.

"I don't know where the classroom is..." I said.

"Let me see your schedule..." She said smiling.

I showed her my schedule and after she saw it, she pulled me by my arm and began to run.

"Your class is in the other side of the school." She said.

We started walking slower, we were going down the hall and I couldn't avoid and I look at that boy.

"Don't even think about that, he is the most popular and doesn't even talk to half of the school, just with his group. 3 boys and the cheerleaders, the typical." The girl said.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"The boy you were looking at!"

"Oh him!? Haha how funny!"

"So... you don't like him?"

"NO! He's an idiot!"

"You must be the only one..."

We eventually reached the room and she left.

"Wait!" I yelled "My name is Melinda and you are?"

"Georgia, if you need me just call." She said and left.

I entered the classroom and the teacher told me to wait at the doorway to be able to introduce myself. 

I closed the door behind me and stood in front of it. Out of nowhere someone opened the door strongly, hitting me and I fell immediately.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay?" The teacher asked.

I opened my eyes just to see the cocky boy from moments ago.

"You really like to bump into me, don't you?" I said.

"Are you okay? He asked.

I ignored him and proceeded to get up.

He offered me his hand, but, once again, I ignored him.

"What a sympathy..." He murmured. What? He bumps into me, hits me with a door and still says that?!

"Well, Mr. Dallas, go to your seat. Please. " My teacher said.

He sat and my teacher instructed me to introduce myself to the rest of the class. I went to the front of the room and started talking.

"Good morning. I'm Melinda Brooks, I'm from here, but I was living in New York. My family and I just moved back to California. I'm 17 years old... and yeah, I think that's all..."

"Okay, Miss Brooks. You can find a place to sit now, please."

I just wanted to sit in the back, in the far back, so I started walking and found the last table with anyone in it... BINGO!

I sat there and tried to pay attention to the class, but the person next to my table was making so much noise typing on his phone! I turned to see the "Mr. Dallas" guy.

"Look. I don't know your name and I don't even want to know, but can you talk to your group of friends later?" I said.

"Group of friends?" 

"Yeah, isn't it you that only talks to like... 2 boys and the cheerleaders?"

"Oh, but I thought you didn't know me?" 

"Unfortunately, everyone talks about you in school... Aren't you supposed to just talk to them? Why are you talking to me? Just turn off the volume of your damn phone!"

"Hmm... okay?... Oh! And they're three boys!" He said and smiled.

º

º

º

º

º

I hope you liked the first chapter, it took me a lot of time!

Ily,

Beatrice