25 - The Fate of a Biker Princess

Juice had clamped his arms around her, intending to never let go of her again. That obviously wasn't a real possibility, but he allowed himself that illusion for a couple seconds. It had been weeks since the last time he had seen her, since he had hold her. In the periods in which they limited their contact to phone calls and texts, he always managed to convince himself that his strong feelings for her had turned into friendly feelings, but every time she was really around him, that lie blew apart mercilessly. The flowery scent of her hair, the pressure of her upper body against his; all he could think about was her, making his heart pound in his chest and his knees feeling weak. 

"I missed you," she whispered. 

Her words made his fingertips dig a little deeper in her flesh. Had she missed him in the same way he had missed her? Did she also feel light in the head now, dreading the moment they would let go of each other again? Did she also conclude that her feelings transcended that of a regular friendship? 

"Me too," he managed to say. His voice was trembling and he felt his cheeks redden. Past her shoulder his eyes shot to the Sons, who had gathered a little further into the clubhouse. 

A smirk adorned Chibs' face. The man knew about his feelings for his daughter for ages, but now Abigail was in a relationship he didn't seem to care how Juice felt about her. There wasn't much he could do about it anyway. 

His hand raked through her long black hair and he rested his forehead against hers as he looked into her eyes. As scared as she had sounded yesterday; right now there was only warmth radiating from her eyes and heat filled his chest at the thought that he was the reason that her fear was gone. 

There were only a few inches between their lips. Juice felt the appeal, but he wouldn't give in. Not this time. He knew she didn't want him to kiss her, especially not now she had a boyfriend. His lips bent into a smile, and when hers mirrored it, he pulled back his face. 

"Go say hi to the others," he said in a low voice. "Then I'll take you to an ice cream parlor that's new in town. Let's see who can eat the most scoops."

Chuckling, she pressed her lips against his cheek, then she walked past him to greet her dad and the other Sons. Since it had been a while since her last visit because he used to go to her, he was sure it was going to take a while. He headed to the bar, got himself a drink and hoisted himself on a bar stool. 

"You two are still a cute couple."

Juice cocked his head to the side. A smirked crossed Gemma's lips. 

"We're not a couple."

She rolled her eyes. "That rocker of her? I give them a few more weeks, then she's done with him. She belongs here, in Charming, on the arm of a Son." Her glance glided across him. "Your arm. Once she's out of college, she will realize where her real home is; she's going to find an apartment in Charming and before you know it, you two will ask me to plan your wedding."

A few months ago these words might have set his face on fire, but right now he only chuckled softly. "You ever considered to start a career as fortune teller? Guess it will make a shitload of money."

She raised her eyebrows, holding his glance. "Who's this mouthy kid? I'm startin' to miss that blushing, panicking and above all clumsy boy."

Smirking, he shrugged his shoulders. "Didn't think the Sons could use a panicking and clumsy man."

"You're only a man if you got that patch." She patted his chest and kissed his cheek. "Which you will receive soon. I'm happy you found your way around here, Juice."

He could only answer with a smile, for Abigail stepped between them and kissed Gemma's cheeks, greeting her. 

"Hey baby girl. Happy to see you again."