Trick-or- Take

The streets were crawling with little monsters. And Clara thought they were so cute. There were tons of princesses, witches, zombies, fairies, pirates, and every costume under the sun. Clara, Danny, and the Doctor went up to their first house.

" Now Doctor, just do what I do," Clara told him and stepped onto the porch where an old couple sat on rocking chairs with large buckets in their hands. " Trick-or-treat!" Clara held out her bag for the handful of colorful candy the woman took out of her bucket.

"Happy Halloween pretty girl," she said to Clara with a grin.

"See," Clara exclaimed as she goes back to the Doctor's side. "It's easy. Now you try." He groaned and made his way up the porch next. "Trick-or-treat." It came out alot more unenthusiastic, almost down right rude. The woman frowned at him.

"What's the matter? Not enjoying Halloween?"

" It's a new thing to me, Halloween."

"Well here's a whole lot of candy to start you off." She dumped half of her bucket of candy into his bag.

"Um isn't that a bit much?" The Doctor glanced back at the line of little kids behind him waiting for treats.

"Nonsense, there's more where that came from. And cheer up, Halloween is about having fun and getting sick to your stomach with candy!" The Doctor went to where Clara and Danny were waiting.

"Wow you got alot of candy!" Clara hoped up and down in the Halloween spirit.

"Well, what are we waiting around for? Let's get some more," Danny said and headed to another house while Clara and the Doctor followed. She elbowed him in the ribs. " Having fun are we? I can see that smile, don't try to hide it Doctor."

"Maybe a little," he mumbled, but she was right, he was trying to keep a smile off of his face and was losing terribly.

"Well the night is far from over." They spent the next hour trick-or-treating. Off on the sidewalk, they stood in a circle with full bags of candy, contemplating what to do next.

"Lets go see a horror movie," Danny suggests.

"No, how about we go back to my place and eat our candy," Clara says.

" How about we take off in the Tardis for another-"

"NO," Clara and Danny both said crossly.

"Excuse me," a woman in a witch's hat confronts them. "Have you seen a little boy? He's wearing a pumpkin costume."

"No, I'm sorry. Is he your child?" Clara asked her. The woman wringed her hands nervously. "Yes, god I don't know how I lost him. I swear he was by my side and-" The Doctor tuned out when he heard someone yell a name.

"JASON! JASON WHERE ARE YOU?!,"

And another.

"AMANDA!"

And another.

"JULIE?! I CAN'T FIND MY BABY!"

And even more.

The Doctor turned towards Clara who was looking at the frantic parents searching through kids for their child.

"I think one of these monsters aren't wearing a mask."