Damon shakes his head, "Nope. Wrote it all off on vampires."

"Maybe it was a vampire." Rebekah shrugs.

Stefan narrows his eyes as he turns to Damon, "Yeah, yeah, maybe it was a vampire, Damon."

I roll my eyes at Stefan's accusation.

"Don't think for a second you didn't cross my mind too, brother. But these murders weren't your style, were they? Plus there were no other vampires circulating then." Damon retorts.

"Well, there was one other vampire. Remember Sage?" 

Damon grins at this, "Ohh, right, Sage. Speaking of great sex. Ooh!"

Damon takes a swig from the bottle.

I wrinkle my nose at Damon who winks at me.

"I knew a Sage once. Trashy little thing." Rebekah comments.

"You really think it was Sage who was killing all those Founders back then?" Damon ponders the idea.

"Town questioned every grown man in Mystic Falls. Probably never occurred to them that a woman could have done it." Stefan shrugs.

Rebekah is drinking the dregs of the remaining whiskey as she moves the conversation in another direction.

"So, uh, tell me more about your old relatives. I heard they tore down half the wood to build this town."

A bartender gives them a new bottle of whiskey. Rebekah goes to grab the bottle, but Damon grabs it first.

"Easy there, lushy pants. It's been a hoot and a half but it's boy's night and you weren't invited."
Damon says before he leaves with the alcohol, and Stefan follows with two glasses.

Damon is playing darts now and Stefan is sitting at a table. Damon hits a bullseye.

"So, let's just say Sage was killing everyone in 1912. Who the hell is doing it now? It's not that psycho, Dr. Fell. She's a woman. There's no way she could stab three grown men."

I follow behind Rebekah as she approaches the Salvatore brothers again.

Damon throws a dart, but Rebekah catches it before it hits the board.

"That's a bit sexist. A woman could easily kill a man, with the right motivation."

Stefan sighs, "You just, uh, don't give up, do you?"

Rebekah rolls her eyes, "Why are you so grumpy?"

Damon smirks, "He's on a master cleanse. Trying to be a better man and all."

"You know, you were a lot more fun in the '20s." Rebekah snips.

Damon bumps Rebekah with his elbow, "Don't rile him up."

Damon takes the bottle of whiskey, "He's testy when he's being self-righteous."

I snicker, shaking my head amused as I take a seat near Stefan who ignores my presence as usual.