"I've been to the Founders' archive, but I can't seem to find any record of the tree I'm looking for." Rebekah presses.

"It probably got cut down. Big old trees built half of this town in the 1900s." Carol explains.

Just then Stefan and Damon enter the Grill and head toward the bar.

Damon and Rebekah stare at each other.

"Do you happen to know who kept the milling ledgers during that period?" Rebekah asks, trying to ignore Damon.

"Back then all the logging mills were owned by the Salvatores." Carol replies.

"Hmm thank you for your time, we must be going." Rebekah says, standing up. 

"Very well, I have things to attend to as well. Pleasure speaking with you Ms. Mikaelson." Carol flashes us a smile before leaving the Grill. 

I follow behind Rebekah as she approaches the Salvatore brothers. 

"They were all on the Founders' Council, Damon. That's what they all have in common." Stefan says, not noticing us just yet. 

Damon is quick to reply, "But why them? Huh? Brian Walters and Alaric weren't from founding families. I mean, hey, if you're gonna slaughter council members, go A-list. At least in 1912 they killed a Salvatore."

"Which Salvatore would that be?" Rebekah questions, making our presence known.
****
"So, Zachariah Salvatore was your nephew?" Rebekah asks after Damon began to explain. 

The four of us are sitting at the bar; Stefan in between Rebekah and Damon and me on Rebekah's other side. 

"Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the Civil War, she had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and I were dead. Family name had to go somewhere." Damon explains.

"And, uh, your family owned the logging mills back then?" Rebekah questions.

Damon gives her a question gaze, "You're full of a lot of questions."

Rebekah is quick to deflect, "I'm just researching the town's history. I grew up here after all." 

"You know you don't have to disguise your true motives Blondie-Bex, if you want more sex, just ask for it." Damon snips, smirking.

Rebekah rolls her eyes, "Not enough liquor in the world." 

Rebekah grabs the bottle and pours herself a drink.

"Oh, come on, it was too good for you to be this hostile." Damon quips.

Stefan grabs his glass and the bottle and moves from between Rebekah and Damon to Damon's right side.

"You'll have to excuse my little brother, he's jonesing for some O positive." Damon retorts, watching Stefan.

"I'm not jonesing," Stefan argues.

Rebekah moves into the seat next to Damon. Letting out a quiet sigh I get up and move to the seat next to Rebekah.

"So, did they ever catch the killer?"