Gaige:

Gaige was sitting at a table, performing in an arm wrestling match, slamming the other man's hand on the table as he was showing off his brute strength to everyone in the Chip Shoppe

Gaige was sitting at a table, performing in an arm wrestling match, slamming the other man's hand on the table as he was showing off his brute strength to everyone in the Chip Shoppe. Gil cheered on for his brother.

Gaige stood, flexing his arms macho-ly, while River was watching, smirking and shaking her head, before rolling her eyes, turning away and getting back to work. Other girls were swooning over Gaige's muscles and his brawn and looks, but Gaige watched River for a moment, like he was trying not to be longing, turning to Gil for advice, sauntering over to his brother.

Gaige sighed. "Gil, what would you do with a girl you like?"

"Keep 'em," Gil answered. Gaige nodded sarcastically. "Gaige, you are doing something that doesn't happen in the Isle. You're in love with River. You need to know what you're doing. In fact, you two being Raige, but there can be some serious consequences. Make good choices."

Gaige was impressed with the somewhat wise advice from his brother. "Wow, Gil, that was amazing. Probably the smartest thing you've ever said. Thank you, bro. But how do you ask an evil girl to... I don't even know."

"Well,  can only give one good piece of advice per day," Gil told him. "Gaige, you've never had any issues with asking girls to go out with you. In truth, most of them went out of their way to make themselves available for you. Girls are always dropping schoolbooks in front of you and laughing when you're around them."

"Well, it is true," Gaige agreed. "I am used to a certain amount of admiration from the female species."

"So why is it so different with River?" Gil asked.

"She's not like the other girls," Gaige answered. "She doesn't fawn over anybody. A complete badass and pretends to be hard as stone. Not the easiest girl to talk to, but I think that's what I like about her."

Gil smiled at this, happy to hear a softer side from his brother, patting him on the back. "See, I knew you had it in you."

Gaige rolled his eyes. "Oh, shut up. But life is good when you're the strongest men on the Isle. You might not be the smartest guy on the Isle, Gil, but that's not the worst thing to live with."