His Smile

Connor was sulking around the house. He had forgotten to pick up an order from a store that would be closed for two months. You wanted to cheer him up because you didn't like to see him like this. Connor was sitting on the couch staring into the fireplace. You snuck up from behind and yelled out "Boo!" Without even turning around he said "Hello (Y/N)". You expected this from him, he was an assassin after all. However, you wanted to play around. "Man, how did you know it was me?"
"You are the only other person in the house and plus I heard your footsteps," Connor said still looking at the fire.
Walking over to sit next to him, you plopped down on the couch and let out a sigh. It was pouring outside and you said "lovely weather we're having".
Connor turned his head and gave you the are you kidding me look. He then turned back to look at the blazing fire. You decided to tell him a joke.
"Hey Connor, why did the bird cross the kitchen floor?"
He didn't answer, but you decided to continue. "To-eat to-eat, get it? Like a bird says tweet tweet, to-eat to-eat?"
You burst out laughing at your lame joke and Connor gave you another one of his looks. "Ok ok I admit that was cheesy," you say with a smile on your face.
Connor was secretly trying to suppress a smile from crossing his face, watching you try to cheer him up.
After multiple attempts of trying to make Connor happy, you were tired. He still hadn't smiled and you felt defeated. Your last attempt was to just mimic him. You stared into the fire like him. Connor noticed you had stopped trying to make him happy. He leaned back into the couch as you did the same. Then he let out a sigh and started humming as you copied. Connor turned to look at you with a raised eyebrow. You looked right back at him with a cocked eyebrow.
"What are you doing (Y/N)?"
You asked the same question. Connor continued to give you a hard look. "Stop."
"Stop," you said back.
The two of you looked into each other's eyes for the longest time before a small smile crosses Connor's face. He couldn't hold it in anymore, through all of your attempts to cheer him up, this was the funniest. "He smiles!" you exclaim.
Connor lets out a soft laugh and pulls you into a kiss. At that moment you notice a ray of sunlight break through the dark clouds.

I love when Connor smile!!
Thanks for reading
~AZ Goldrose