Chapter 5

"I bet you that I couldn't make at least one single hole in this game." Cyrus smirks.

"Oh really? You wanna bet on that?" Jonah nudges the boys' shoulders, "I taught you how to skateboard and you were doing so well!"

"Until I broke my thumb..." Cyrus finishes for him, "And that's completely different than mini golf!"

"Still, don't give up so easily!" Jonah encourages his friend.

"I'm terrible at aiming, that's why I don't think I can do this." Cyrus shrugs.

"What's your bet if you don't make it in the hole, per sè." Jonah hands him the golf club.

Cyrus takes it in his hand and smirks at his own idea, "If I don't make it in, you have to kiss me."

Jonah doesn't know why, but he quickly answers, "Deal."

He thinks for a second.

"And if you do, I get to choose the next movie we see."

"That's not fair! You know Endgame is coming out soon!" Cyrus whines.

"Nope, we're definitely watching Shazam." Jonah clarifies, knowing how much Cyrus didn't like the trailer for some reason.

"Shazam? Now you're making me want to miss the hole!" The boy rolls his eyes.

"I hope you do." Jonah smirks, looking at Cyrus getting into a stance.

"Wouldn't you like to know how my lips feel like?" Cyrus says out loud.

Jonah's vision blurs a bit, "Um, I--"

Cyrus swings the club, and purposely aims at any other direction than the hole.

He obviously misses.

"Oops!" Cyrus giggles.

"Cyrus you didn't even--"

"C'mon, a bet's a bet! Pucker up buttercup." Cyrus comes closer towards Jonah, the boy feeling his breath on his lips.

Cyrus then wraps his arms around the boy's neck, while Jonah's continued to lay by his own sides.

The boys inched closer to each other, and soon felt their lips brushing against—

"Oh my God!"

Jonah lifts his head up from the bed and hysterically looks around his surroundings.

"What the hell was that?" Jonah thought.

Jonah looked around, and saw that the television in front of him was paused at the end screen of the movie he watched with Cyrus last night. Jonah felt his body tightening up, and saw that Cyrus was sound asleep with his whole body wrapped around him. His arms were wrapped around the top of Jonah's chest, and one leg was over his torso.

"Should I wake him up?" Jonah thought to himself.

He has to admit though, he is very comfortable right now. Just the warmth of Cyrus' body around him had the boy smiling. Jonah decides to just let Cyrus stay in the position he was in, and he grabs his own phone from the nightstand next to him.

The boy goes to his notes and thinks of more lyrics for his song that he's struggling to write.

He's exactly what I need, Jonah rereads again.

"What words would describe him?" He thinks.

Immediately in his mind, he remembers some of the things he would refer to Cyrus as, and started to type them out.