.𝙞.𝙧𝙚𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙.

✧˖°˖✧˖°˖✧

word count: 1k

song of the chapter: slow dancing in the dark ; joji

✧˖°˖✧˖°˖✧

~𝙋𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧!~

𝑷𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅𝒍𝒚, his excess energy flowing through his body as he waited in the lobby of Beck Industries, wringing his hands together nervously as  he ran through his spiel thoughtlessly, tapping his shoes on the ground slowly.

He couldn't help but be excited for what might be coming next, and he reached a hand up to adjust his glasses, gently gripping the frames and pushing them back on his nose as he checked his watch.

9:16; six minutes after Quentin had scheduled the meeting.

Peter clicked his tongue impatiently, fidgeting with his tie as he grabbed his briefcase, setting it on his lap as he ran his tanned fingers over the stamped initials on the side, sighing and letting out a breath through his nose.

He needed to try and calm down, but he had forgotten his anxiety medicine this morning, and he could feel it creeping around the corners of his mind, trying his best to push it away and be ready for the interview.

Peter ran his hands through his coffee-brown curls, letting out a small wince as he tugged on them, closing his eyes and trying to take deep breaths and calm himself down. He felt an anxiety attack coming, but somehow, he managed to keep it at bay, his neurons firing a mile a minute to keep up with his thoughts.

Hearing a click of heels on the marble, Peter stood up, his spine stiffening as he froze up a bit, patting his hair down back into place and fixing up his suit, Quentin's secretary approaching him as she tapped a pen against her clipboard.

"Mr.Parker?" Peter nodded and cleared his throat, adjusting his glasses again as he stepped forward a bit.

"That's me, ma'am." The secretary nodded and walked over, and Peter caught a glance of the name plate on her desk as he followed her quickly. Miss Alinova.

She continued walking, her two-inch matte black heels clicking against the pearly white tile as the doors of Quentin's office loomed before them, the translucent glass and pearl doors shining in the faint light being cast from the chandelier above.

Miss Alinova reached for the golden, curved handles, opening the grand doors and holding it open for Peter, waving a hand inside.

"He's waiting for you, Mr.Parker."

Peter nodded his thanks nervously, quickly ducking inside the office as he looked around, feeling his breath catch in his throat quickly as his hands shook.

The interior of Quentin's office looked even larger on the inside, the green and ruby marble desk being the main centerpiece in the middle of the room, catching the shimmering light being cast from the silver and scarlet light hangings.

The man himself sat behind the desk, a black suit gracing his frame over an emerald dress shirt, adjusting his black tie before Quentin stood up, moving his watch up his wrist and tightening it, placing his hands on the desk.

"Hello, Mr.Parker. What brings you here today?" Quentin tapped his fingers on the desk, looking at Peter's slim form in the doorway as he waved at one of the plush wooden chairs before him, sitting back down in his chair and steeping his fingers.

Peter pushed his glasses back onto the bridge of his nose with a finger, nervously biting his lip before walking towards the chair, sitting down and adjusting his leather briefcase on his lap as he turned the locks, sliding it open and turning it towards Quentin to show the glowing hologram inside.

"Good morning, Mr.Beck! I'm here to show you my new invention, the vibranium healing scalpel and set. It's going to make hospital and nurses' stations much more efficient. You see, I've been looking into Black Panther's healing factor, as well as our very own Spider-Man's ability to heal quicker, and combined them with the nearly indestructible material of vibranium-"

Peter was cut off by Quentin putting his hand in the air as he stood up, making a stop motion as he let out a sigh, rubbing his temples with his free hand.

"Listen, kid, I'm sure your mind is great. But your idea isn't unique. I've already been told similar ideas by two other people. You've got to have something to make you stand out from the crowd. I'm sorry. I can't accept your patent."

Peter only heard a few words, his ears ringing with not unique and stand out from the crowd as he made a gasping sound, slamming his hands over the top of his briefcase, snapping it shut. The inventor made another choking sound, shaking his head a bit before he felt something snap. "What was that?"

Quentin let out a pained sigh, and he walked around from behind the desk, placing a hand on Peter's shoulder comfortingly. "Listen, Peter, it's nothing against you. I've gotten other people who've given me similar ideas-"

Peter stood up, abruptly cutting Quentin off mid-sentence and dropping his briefcase on the floor.

"You can't- Mr.Beck, you can't do this, I've- I've- I've put so much time and work into this-" Peter walked backwards a bit, shaking his head as he tugged on his brunette curls, pulling out a couple of strands.

Peter tugged on his tie a bit, ripping it off as something vital he'd been holding together inside his mind, ever since Tony, his father, died, snapped, ripping Peter's mind apart with grief and rage.

He threw the tie down, a crazed look in his eyes as his back slammed against the doors, Peter's hand balled up into a fist before he looked Quentin right in the eye, his left hand shaking as he placed it on the door handle.

"That's the last mistake you'll ever make, Beck."

And with that, he let out a growl, throwing the door open and storming out, brushing shoulders with a dark haired, blue eyed boy holding a few papers, causing the male to look after Peter in shock as he dropped them.

✧˖°˖✧˖°˖✧

so nova's entered the game, and peter's....not quite the best right now.

hope you enjoyed <3

~lily