8

•The Flayed•

(When she's reading the magazine in the hospital)

********************************************

I got up off of my bed when I heard a voice in my head say 'Meet us at the hospital'. I recognised the voice so I grabbed my yellow raincoat and began to walk to the hospital, which conveniently was only down the road from my house.

When I got there I saw Johnathan's car pull into the parking lot, walking over to them I gave them a small smile. They must have been expecting me due to the lack of shock. I need to tell them about what happened but I don't know how.

"Come on, she's on the fourth floor" Nancy rushed, before quick walking over to the electric doors. But before we could even pass the front desk the woman behind it stood up and shouted telling whoever was on the phone to 'hold on'.

"Woah, woah, woah, excuse me! Where do you think you going?" She asked placing a hand on her hip as she looked directly at Nancy. Her accent was different, New Orleans maybe?

"Oh, um...I was just going to visit my grandma again" She replied in the sweetest voice she could muster, "And-And this... is my family"

The woman looked straight at Lucas with raised eyebrows, she definitely didn't think this one through.

"Extended" He smiled, making me bite my tongue to hold back a laugh.

"I don't care who they are. You know the rules. Two visitors at a time." The woman sassed holding two fingers up to Nancy as if Nancy was deaf.

"Yeah but--"

"Two!"

"Girl this child has lost her mind," The woman started as she placed the hone back to her ear, "She brought a whole zoo in here"

"Why don't you guys go up and just call the emergency buzzer if anything happens" I smiled pointing at Johnathan and Nancy.

"Okay" Johnathan replied as they both walked over to the elevator. I pulled El's arm and walked over to the waiting area, the hospital was unusually empty, whenever I used to come here to visit my aunt it was always packed, especially with nurses.

I picked up a magazine and started reading it mainly just looking at clothes that I could buy from the mall. Lucas and Mike made a beeline straight to the vending machine.I saw them begin to get angry as they started to hit it.

"El" I whispered as I nudged her gently, before pointing at the boys. The machine then made a massive bang and packets of sweets came flooding out.

"Thanks" Mike shouted to Eleven as she wiped the blood from under her nose.

After a few minutes I saw Lucas walk over to us as he started up a conversation with Max and El, I just rolled my eyes before placing down the magazine and walking over to the chairs sitting next to Will offering him a small smile as I did.

Not even a second later Will got up and Mike sat in his place. I began to bounce my knee out of anticipation.

"Something doesn't feel right" I sighed sitting back in the chair crossing my legs.

"M&M?" He asked with a small smile holding up the packet, I just rolled my eyes trying my best to calm down before holding my hand out. He poured a few from the packet into my hand, my 004 tattoo on full show as I did.

"I'm sorry I left. And that I didn't tell you I was alive" I sighed as I chewed on the small piece of chocolate.

"It's okay. You're here now that's all that matters. I'm sorry I went out with Eleven while you were gone" He sighed looking at El who was now talking with Will, I just let out a small low laugh.

"Mike you don't have to apologise for that" I shook my head as I looked down the corridor toward the elevator, "I had a boyfriend while you were gone too"

"You did?" He asked looking down at the ground.

"Yeah his name was John. No...he wasn't a science nerd or a geek. I don't know why but I've always gone for the nerds" I smiled at him before the lights began to flicker.

I saw Will walk forward looking at the ceiling and touch his neck, I got up from my chair and pulled my top down that had rode up slightly before walking over to the elevator and banging on the button with my complete strength.

"Excuse me miss you can't go up there! And watch what you're doing! You're going to damage my property!" The woman shouted, I turned around giving her a dirty look.

"Oh shut up" I sighed rolling my eyes.

"The stairs!" Will shouted as we all ran to follow him.