'Are you saying that because I took a bullet for you?' he sighed.

'No. I'm saying it because I realized I would do the same for you in a heartbeat. Never do that again by the way. When I saw you lying there, it was like the life had been sucked out of me and I began to imagine living without you. I was barely existing before you came into my life. If I ever lost you Meg, I don't know what I would do with myself'.

'Ughh Zayn! Too much cheese'. He laughed and I couldn't imagine not seeing those dimples again.

'I missed you'. He drew patterns on my palm.

'How long was I out?'

'You were shot yesterday. It's 5pm now, they rushed you to the operating room to get the bullet out and put you to sleep afterwards. Everyone was here, including Malik'.

'Look at that, I'm his favorite in-law'.

'Gracie covered her dinner gown in snot. She almost barged into the operating room'.

'I ruined her engagement party. Typical Meghan move'.

'You did us all a favor, that shit was traumatizing'.

I thought of Stuart's mom and laughed.

'I forgot. Jake is out there, he's been here all trough. I think he has a crush on you'.

'Uh, that is very unlikely'.

'Never doubt captain. I will text him'.

He typed on his phone with one hand, holding me with the other.

He obviously didn't know about his best friend's sexuality and I wondered why Jake would keep it away from him, except he was the one the crush was directed at.

'What?' He asked as he caught me staring.

'Nothing'. I smiled as Jake walked in.

'Hey man. I was just telling her you've been here all day'. Zayn said teasingly.

'How are you feeling Meghan?' He ignored Zayn.

'I'm okay. I appreciate you staying here even though it wasn't necessary'. He looked down.

'I had to. I have to tell you something, both of you actually'.

Zayn and I shared a look. His questioning, mine knowing.

'Okay'. Zayn permitted.

He sucked in a deep breath.

'I'm gay'. He announced

'What?' Zayn's surprised eyes flew from him to me, and then they narrowed.

'You knew about this'. He accused.

'Only recently'.

At this point Jake was fidgeting, he really needed Zayn to accept him.

'Are you cool with it?' He asked like he wasn't sure what he was supposed to say.

'What? Of course, I don't mind. I just feel a bit disappointed that Meg knew and I didn't, we are supposed to be best friends'.

Jake smiled widely.

'Did you just call me your best friend?'

'Get over it weirdo, you probably should have taped it?'

Jake rolled his eyes.

'Anyway, there is more'.

'Dude, are you in love with me?' Zayn whispered like the walls could hear him say something so abominable and again Jake rolled his eyes.

'Yes dude. I wanna climb you right now and pluck your man cherry. Get over yourself, you are really not that hot'.

'Ehm. He kinda is'. I defended

'Thanks babe'. Zayn grinned

'Babe?'