You Gotta Kiss the Girl.

Start from the beginning

You probably couldn't even see my body with the amount of stuff I carry with me for baseball. I don't even know why I decided to bring everything with me today.

The stupid smile on Carson's face told me that he was about to run me into the ground, and the words that came out of his mouth solidified it. "Let's take a walk."

We started walking slowly, side by side around the field, starting from the infield. "Is there anybody that ever wanted to hurt Ni? Any ex-boyfriends, enemies?" He looked at me through those thick eyelashes, briefly distracting me.

"What is this?" I chuckled after my mind caught up, "Supernatural?" I elbowed him lightly, but when I looked up, his face was serious. "You don't actually think a ghost did this, do you?"

"It's not about fucking ghosts, Carter, grow up. I'm serious. Her death wasn't a pretty one and if I don't figure it out, the school will pin it on me." He ground out, stunning me. The school is threatening him to find out what happened to one of their students? Seriously?

"They can't do that," I shake my head, glancing up at his heated form. His jaw was clenched, the little muscle popping out. His nostrils flared once, but he just sighed in the end.

"They can do whatever the fuck they want...I should've just stayed quiet." He mumbled to himself. It seems to be more personal than our weird relationship, so I believe it's best not to comment on it.

We were silent as we walked around, heading into the outfield. It was there that Carson told me to lunge. "You've got to be kidding me." I frown, but he just shrugs, stopping so that I walked ahead of him.

"You have a nice ass, and gorgeous legs, but imagine how much nicer they'd look with a bit more toned-ness to them," his hand ran up the side of my thigh before resting on my hip, his fingers digging into my flesh. I bit my lip. "They'd be much firmer, and you'd run even faster. Of course," his hand slid back down before trailing up my inner thigh, "Your skin would be just as smooth and silky as it already is." He breathed before his words turned hard, "Lunge."

So I did. And it burned, but if it's for the better of the team...I'll do it. We fell into silence again, save for the 'you're doing good', and the 'your ass is looking tighter already' praises he was giving me. The whole time, I was thinking about the things I knew about Ni, and how they could help Carson. The last thing I wanted was for him to get into legal trouble for something that he damn well didn't do.

"I don't know about personal vendettas," I said quietly, too busy trying not to grit my teeth when he told me to lunge lower. Then, it clicked, "But she did tell me to promise her something."

"And that was?" His hand came down on my shoulder, and he pushed my body down more, so that my knee was brushing the ground.

"To never tell anyone about this drawer for as long as she lived. She's dead now, so I guess it doesn't apply, but there's this drawer. I don't know what's in it, but she told me to swear on her life that I wouldn't tell. I haven't told anyone before you, so I promise I didn't kill her." I had a quick flashback of her pointing to the second drawer with a pained expression painted on her face, "The second one."

He smiled at me, he actually smiled. "Thank you."

Day 2 of Training with Carson

That stupid, stupid whistle hollered again and again and again. I ran mile after mile after mile. Now, as I ran back and forth from base to base, he stands behind home plate with one hand on his hip, the other holding the silver whistle that is attached to a red rope. "Again!" He blew the whistle.