𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I am a teacher

I am a teacher. An English teacher to be exact. I teach freshman English at Hawkins High School after I had separated with my husband of less than a year because of his abusive ways. I thought I had it all until one day my husband of a few short months decided I was no longer worthy of his respect anymore. I was punched, kicked, and threatened to the point where I had to call the police on him. After I filed a report for domestic violence against him, I realized my passions and moved back to my hometown, Hawkins, Indiana.

After that I felt alone.
So alone that I came back to my childhood home and moved back in with my parents and my brother, Steve. I had nowhere else to go after everything. The available friends I had before, I had alienated them and lost their trust. With having a teacher's salary and an annulment haunting me day and night, I needed the joy of being with my family again. I needed to reconnect with my roots, so I did.

After connecting myself with my family and finding an estranged friend, I became fairly close with my brother. I tried to value what friendship we have as brother and sister, but due to his ego, we barely talk in school. At times he can seem caring but nevertheless it's our school reputation that gets in the way of everything.

Just like our reputation, our sibling rivalry was similar in some ways. One of us was always better at something.

He was better at basketball, hairstyles, and being popular amongst his generation. I was not even close. I had the brains of the family. I honestly do not know who I get it from, but I had graduated with flying colors when I was in school. Now, with Steve, not so much, but I won't get into much detail about him.

The second thing that was different about me and Steve was that I could never style my hair right until I called it quits to my marriage. Being attractive never crossed my mind until I had wallowed in the depths of loneliness. Back then I had no one else to impress. My former spouse had said many times to me that I didn't have to wear makeup to be attractive.

That was until we got married. After everything we had gone through in those first few months together as man and wife, he hadn't once called me beautiful or anything relatively close to it. And to top it off with the abuse I was going under, I had lost something crucial, something that any mother would fear of losing.

It was obvious we weren't a perfect match anymore.

Anyways, I started putting more effort into my appearance in hopes of attracting someone new but, sadly, I had no luck. I thought I was doomed to be alone for all eternity.

When moving back to my childhood home, I had finally found that sense of security again along with the sense of self worth. I was back to my old self, only this time I had tried to make myself more pleasing to the human eye. I wore makeup, styled my hair, and dressed casually cute for my job as an English teacher.

I felt proud of myself during my first couple days of teaching even though I started during the second half of the semester. All in all I was grateful I got the position.

A few months had passed and I felt like this job was a part of my life until I was asked to manage a troubled young man. He was a senior almost close to graduating but he needed to finish his last few credits in order to receive his diploma.

I thought it would be hard for me to get him under control but after seeing each other for the first time, I knew we could work in sync. In fact, I knew I had him wrapped around my little finger the second I had sat down with him.

He seemed stoic but I knew deep down that he was trembling like a leaf and was at his wits end. It was in that moment that made me not want to give up on him. He deserved a chance like everyone else.

I was told he would be a tough one. That he had a thick skull and a cocky attitude, but that never phased me. It was a challenge I was willing to accept even if he was hot for me.