"It’s alright baby?  What we did last night was wonderful and I plan to do it for many more nights to come. It’s not a big deal.”

Elizabeth shot herself straight up into a sitting position, jerking her hands away from Zeb so fast that one would have thought she had been burned. She could feel her temper rising. Did he seriously just say that sex without protection isn’t a big deal? Who was he kidding? Sex without protection is a huge deal. The last time that she found herself in this position, she ended up alone and pregnant. Nine months later she was forced to give up a child that she was, by no means, fit to care for. At the same time she was forced to give up a big part of her heart.

"Big deal! You're damn right this is big deal Zeb Crooker!” Now she was yelling at him. “Don’t you know what happens when two people have sex without protection?”

Zeb struggled not to laugh. When she sat up, the sheet slipped fluidly to her lap and her bare breast perked up for him. His eyes flitted to the dusty rose colored nipples that seemed to be begging for his attention before he glanced back up at her angry eyes.

Sighing, he realized then she was being serious. The fact they had sex without protection was really upsetting her.  Women, he thought to himself.  They should come with a ‘handle with care’ label. He needed to get her to calm down. She was upsetting herself and there was no need. Not anymore.

Zeb started to scoot next to her, intent to wrap her up in his arms when she surprised by him by jumping up out of the bed looking every inch of breathtaking Goddess in her gorgeous nude state.

“In case that hard head of yours hasn’t figured it out yet, it means babies, Zeb. We could have made a baby last night.” Unable to stand still she started to pace the length of the bed. What was she going to do if she turned up pregnant? Again!

Zeb pushed himself all the way up and relaxed against the headboard. His eyes followed Elizabeth’s every movement. “If that was to happen, then it would make me the happiest man on Earth.”

Hearing his words, she stopped and whirled around, crossing her arms under her breasts which only pushed them up and out further. “Oh no you don’t buddy. You have only been back in town for a week. You can't just come home, declare you love me after six years and then try to knock me up. It doesn’t work like that."

Zeb narrowed his eyes on Elizabeth and took his time as he rose from the bed in all his masculine glory and as well as impressively aroused. He stalked around the edge of the bed, looking very much like the predator he was trained to be and stopped only when he towered over Elizabeth. Without an ounce of hesitation he grabbed her by the hips and pulled her small body against his. Skin to skin. Heat to heat. Heart to heart.

"I can Elizabeth and I will. I told you the first day I saw you that you were my woman and I meant it. I spent six of the longest damn years of my life out in a hot desert waiting for the end to come. In all those years my only comfort was in the fact that I knew when my time was up that I would be coming back home to you. You baby. It was you and only you that kept me going.”

Pausing, he bent down and pressed his nose to her hair, breathing in deeply her sweet scent. Six damn years he waited to come back to this woman and finally, she was here, in his arms. He wasn’t letting go. “Face it Lizzie, neither of us is getting any younger so why should we wait to start our own little family? We could have a little girl as pretty as you or a little boy as mischievous me. Having babies with me isn’t that bad to think about, is it?"

At the mention of family and babies, all of the walls that Elizabeth had worked so hard to build over the years quaked and threatened to crumble at her feet. Images of Brandon assaulted her mind. Flashes of the few minutes she got to see him as a newborn and flashes of the blond haired, blue eyed little boy she helped treat at the hospital. It was all too much for her to bear.