1. New Family... New Life

*Madie P.O.V.*

I sit in the car and stare out the window and watch the trees and clouds roll by. "Mom?" I asked. "Yes?" she asked not taking her eys off of the road. "When are we going back home." I said and she sighed. "Madison, you're gonna be fine here. You'll make new friends at the new school this fall, you'll like our neighbor, it's a boy around you're age." she said and I roll my eyes. "Yeah, another boy to annoy me." I mumbled. "At lest you get to see your step-brother Calum, and your two friends Michael and Luke." she said and I grin a little. "That's true." I said. We finally get to Calum's dad's house. I see Calum and David outside waving at us as we pulled into the driveway. "Mom, do I have to call him dad?" I asked as I unbuckling. "When you get comfortable around him, then you can." she said and I nod. I get out and Calum walked over to me and hugged me. I hug him back. "How's Mads been?" he asked as we pulled away. "Good, how's Cal been?" I asked. "Good." he said. I get my bags and we walk inside. Calum showed me my room and around the house. "Well that's the whole house." he said. "I'm gonna go unpack." I said and he nods. I walk into my room and unzip my suitcase and unpack. I soon finish unpacking and sit on my bed. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I take it out and see its a text from Luke. I actually met him and Michael one time when Calum had him and Michael over. I haven't seen them since I was 15 and I'm 18 now!

From Lukeypoo:

Hey Mads! Are you at Cal's house?

From Madieboo:

Hey Lukey! Yes, Yes I am.

From Lukeypoo:

YEAH! lol

From Madieboo:

Lol yah! So how've you been?

From Lukeypoo:

Good you?

From Madieboo:

Good. Gtg bye Lukey!

From Lukeypoo:

Bye Madie!

I set down my phone and look at the time on my alarm clock. It says in bright colorful block letters 10:35 pm. I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I said and I see David. "You like it here?" he asked as he walk over and sat down next to me. I nod. "I'm happy to see you and Calum again." I said and he smiled at me. "It's nice to see you too Madie." He said and I grin at him. "Well, I'm going to bed, night Madie." he said and kissed my forehead. "Night." I said and he left the room. I get into my PJs aka a black tank top, sweatpants, and my hair up in a high ponytail. I lay down and stare at the ceiling. I sighed and turned on my side. I close my eyes and soon drift off to sleep... I wake up to the sound of drums from next door? I open my eyes and look at the time. It's 4:59 am! I try to fall back to sleep but I couldn't because of all the noise! I groan and walk over to the window. I see the lights on in the basement next door. I walk out of my room and walk down the hall to Calum's. I peek in and see him on his phone. He sees me and grinned. "Hey, what are you doing up?" he asked. "The neighbor is playing the drums." I said and he chuckled and motioned me to come in and sit next to him. I walk over to his bed and sit down next to him. "He always drums at this time in the morning." he said and I nod. I yawn and stretch a little. "You can lay down and go to sleep if you want." he said. "No, I'll go back to my room, night Cal." I said. "Night Mads." he said and I walk back to my room. I hear him still playing the drums. I put in my headphones and lay back down and fall asleep... I wake up and take out my headphones. I walk downstairs and see Calum on the couch watching TV. I walk over and sit down next to him. "Did you get any sleep last night?" Calum asked and I nod. "Luke can't wait to see you." he said. "I can't wait to see him either." I said. I hear a knock on the front door. "That's him now." Calum said and walked to the front door and opened it. All I see is those baby blue eyes and I know it was Luke. He's gotten taller! Luke sees me and smile at me. He has a lip ring?! He walk over to me and pulled me into a bear hug. I giggle and hug him back around his neck as he lifts me off the ground. "I've missed you so much." I said. "I've missed you more." he said as he holds me up. He sets me down on the ground after awhile and we pulled away. "You've gotten so tall and you have lip piercing! What happened to my old Lukey?" I pout at him and he chuckled. "The old Luke is long gone! But technically he's still here just the look and height is different." he chuckled and I smile at him. We walk into the living room and sit down. "So Madie you still dating Andrew the Asshole?" Calum asked. "Yes actually." I mumbled. "You need to break up with him, he's horrible to you. He cheats on you, abuses you, and treats you like shit but you take him back every time!" Luke said and I stare at the ground. "You guys don't understand, I can't just break up with him." I said. "Why not?" Luke asked. "He threatened to..." I paused and sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "He threatens to hurt everyone I love if I did." I said. "You have to Madie, it's the best for you." Luke said and I sighed again as he reaches over and holds my hand. "Maybe you guys are right." I mumble as Luke rubs his thumb on top of my hand making me grin at our hands. "We're here for you Madie, you'll be ok, ok?" Calum asked and I nod. "Hungry?" Calum asked. Luke nods and I shake my head. They get up and walk into the kitchen. I pull out my phone and I have a text from Michael.

From Mikey:

Hey baby. :)

From Babygirl:

Hey Mikey. :)

From Mikey:

Are you living at Cal's house now?

From Babygirl:

Yup. Luke over here right now.

From Mikey:

Can I come over?

From Babygirl:

Sure.

Luke and Calum came back in with popcorn and movies. "What movie do you want to watch?" Calum asked, handing me 6-8 movies. I look at all of them.

Frozen. No.

Harry Potter. No.

21 Jump street. Maybe.

The Notebook. No.

Anchorman. Maybe.

The Simpsons. Maybe.

Mean Girls. Maybe.

Warm Bodies. YES!

I put in the movie and sit next to Luke. I hear someone knock on the front door. I jog over to the front door and answer it and I see Michael. He smile at me and pulled me into a bear hug. "Madie!" he said and I giggled as he lifts me off the ground like Luke did. "Mikey!" I said and hugged him back around the neck. "I've missed you so much." I said and he chuckles a little. "I've missed you more." he said. Michael sets me on the ground after awhile and we pull away and he smiled at me and I smile back. "How've you been?" I asked him. "Good, how've you been?" he asked. "Good, you have a eyebrow piercing and red hair now?! What happened to my old Mikey?" I pout and he chuckled. "I just changed my look but I'm still the same old Michael." he said and I smile at him. "Good." I said and he smiles at me. We walk inside and walk into the living room. I sit down next to Luke again and start the movie.