i. breathless, blushing mess

Start from the beginning

      Oh bollocks, he would never talk to her again!

      Mars slammed the diary shut and let out a loud groan, why oh why did she have to bring up primary school! She could've said anything else: "Sorry for kicking you in the face  — fancy a coffee tomorrow evening? " or even: "My bad, let me go get some antiseptic! " but no. Mariana Summers kicked the hot guy from down the street in the nose, laughed her arse off, then offered him a blunt.

      What a way to kick off summer break with a guy she wanted to sleep with.

      And it's not like he was even cool about it — he was cute and awkward as fuck!

      Mariana considered this, a smile creeping onto her lips that was rather hard to suppress: he was awkward, had dark messy hair, and just — ugh! Get a grip. This was absolutely, and utterly ridiculous. She always had to have a crush on someone, didn't she? Couldn't she go one bloody month without falling for someone who obviously wanted nothing to do with her? Though, who wouldn't want a girlfriend that snuck out of her house for you, made you matching bracelets, had a thing for polaroids, and would totally tattoo you for free! Everyone who'd rejected her was right mad, she thought, "I'm a catch! "

        Mars obviously wasn't aware of her blinding faults, but why should she be? She was the perfect girlfriend: cool room, even better music taste, the ability to make mixtapes whenever she pleased, loose parents, a knack for graffiti, and no shame whatsoever — she even had her own car: Bernard "Bernie " the Disappointment! Granted, it was a beat-up, sad excuse for a pick-up truck, but her grandfather had helped her work on it, so she loved it dearly. 

      So, all things considered, Mars thought herself the best option anyone could ever have when looking for romance.

      Harry Potter, on the other hand, did not. He was rather... intimidated by her — if that was even the right word. In all actuality, everything was too much for him to handle at the moment, so when the girl from down the street busted his nose, cackled, then offered him drugs, he just about cried. Not because of the pain, no he believed he deserved it after everything that had happened in the past year, but because someone was treating him... different. And by different, he meant the same. He meant as equals — not as a teenage tragedy or the Chosen One, but as the weird kid who lived with the local bully.

      Mars Summers had not left his mind since her foot made contact with his face, and he had been going to the neighborhood playground every day in hopes that she too would happen to be there. He would talk to her, offer to grab a cup of tea at the local shop, and maybe get to know her — anything to distract himself from the constant weight of death that stooped his shoulders. 

      Maybe he should've accepted the drugs. Perhaps then he would be able to forget about the current turmoil that was the Wizarding World.

      Harry found this rather odd — shaming the Magical world that he once loved dearly as if it were nothing. When he first was introduced to it, he found it to be a paradise, but as time progressed, he was only let down by the wizard equivalent of Nazis, stupid fucking prophecies, and death upon death. 

      It's possible that's why Mars attracted him so. Because she was the complete opposite of everything he was surrounded with, and even though he barely knew her, he was sure this was why. She was loud, that's for sure. Bright colors and poorly painted fingernails with grown-out, teal hair, and dark makeup. Mars was bad decisions and being in the present. 

      She was everything Harry needed to escape — even if it was just for one summer.

      Now, Mars had no clue that she was already fancied by someone who she believed hated her, so laying ontop of pink sheets, she recounted their first meeting and rolled around ( occasionally shoving her face into the nearest stuffed animal and screaming. Currently, Hello Kitty was getting the worst of it ). She was conjuring a plan: bump into him at the park and strike up a conversation. It was plain, it was easy. It had started to rain out of fucking nowhere.

      Shit. No playground.

 No playground

authors note.
this chapter is hella short (just over 1k words) which is weird for me because my chapters are usually over 5k, but whatever. I just wanted you guys to get a feel for mars and harry <3

published: march 3, 2021
edited:                               n/a
☀️🌈🍉🌊

𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 ༉. harry potter.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara