Chapter 1 | Daydream

[Her....]

Daydream

NOUN
to have such a spontaneous and fanciful series of thoughts while awake, not connected to immediate reality.
                                                     °°°°°°°
   I was walking back home from Palace Arcade. I was there to take Dash but he was already left, as Keith said. While I was walking through the centre of the town I heard a car moving the same pace as me and I started getting scared. I grabbed my bag hugging it on my chest. The car slided the window down from the driver's seat and the mature voice of a familiar boy was heard.

"Hey Lisa?" He said and I turned around.
"Um...hey?" I said awkwardly.
He just chuckled. "You don't remember me, do you?"
I shook my head.
He smiled. "I am Will's brother. Will, he is best friend with your brother, Dustin."
"Oh, you must be Jonathan. I've heard about you." I faked. Truth is I know him, I've seen him but never mastered the guts to talk to him.
He nodded. "Want a ride home? It isn't far from my own, so I don't mind."

   It was freezing cold even though it was the first days of September. I quickly walked to the passenger seat of the now fully stopped car and got in. Jonathan closed his window, took off his jacket and put it on my shoulders. I looked at him in a shocked expression and he mumbled something about a broken AC while scratching the back of his neck. I sweetly smiled as he turned around and started driving.

   The ride was quiet in a comfortable way. The radio was playing The Clash in a low volume. He parked in front of my house and got out of the car, making his way on the passenger seat door. He opened it stretchin' out his hand, probably for me to grab it. He walked me to the front porch waiting for me to unlock the front door. We said our goodnights and I walked in. I slided my back down the door.

   I was now in my pajamas ready for bed. My mom and Dustin where already asleep when I walked in. I laid on my bed sighing while starring blankly at the ceiling. My eyes grew heavier as my mind travelled to him.Who knew that Jonathan Byers is such a gentleman.

   Suddenly my eyes flew open at my math teacher calling my name. She was right in front of me and looking a little concerned. "Lisa are you alright?" She whispered. I shook my head and my head was spinning, again. She helped me up and told me to go to the headmaster's office to call my mum after I put all my things in the bag.

   It was the second time in a month, this was happening. Screw you, sleeping issues. It was thirty of September (today) and I was thinking of events that happend a month ago. After gathering my books and pens I walked to the classroom door. As I was about to open it and leave, Tommy H. called my name.

   "Hey Henderson, -" I froze in my tracks but didn't look back. "- if I was you I would go to psycologist, because DaydreaminG about my dead father isn't normal." He said and half the class laughed at me. I looked down, closed my eyes, took a shaky breath in and out, opened the door then getting out and slammed it right before I feel the first tear down my cheek.
                                                       °°°°°°°