Chapter 0: Prologue

"Excuse me?"

The girl knocked on the huge wooden door repeatedly, albeit no one seems to open the door for her.

It's been about five minutes now, making her wonder if anyone is actually inside; and if the letter is really telling her to go to this seemingly old mansion.

She tried pushing the door, and, to her surprise; it opened. The old door creaked as she pushed it wide enough for her to get inside.

"H... Hello...?"

Her soft voice echoed through the empty hallways, the dim light illuminating her silhouette.

She closed the door behind her, carefully walking inside whilst looking around.

Although the mansion looks old and abandoned from the outside, the inside looks like its been taken care of regularly, meaning at least someone should be inside.

Deep in her thoughts, the girl wasn't able to notice someone actually walking up behind her, lightly tapping her shoulder.

"Ah?!" She gasped in surprise, immediately turning back her body, to see an unknown man with a thin smile on his face.

She spent a few seconds examining the man from head to toe.

Short white-colored hair framed his face, the bangs long enough to cover his left eye. He have tattoos that seems to be white diamonds printed on his pale cheeks. His pinkish right eye glowing with excitement as a a thin, friendly smile showed up on his face.

"Hello! I haven't seen you here before." The friendly man greeted; the smile never leaving his face.

The girl lets out a sigh of relief; realizing that the man seem to possess no harm, before she smiled awkwardly, "H-Hello. I just came here..."

The man nodded his head, then stepping back a bit to make space upon noticing the uncomfortable gaze coming from the girl.

"So you must've received the invitation too. Nice to meet you! My name is Fye. I'm a fortune teller."

The man—Fye, introduced himself in a cheery tone, smiling brightly like a kid seeing a lollipop.

"N... Nice to meet you, Mr. Fye. My name is..." The girl scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, "...Ashley Walker. Yes. Please call me Ashley." she continued, another awkward smile showing up on her face.

Fye gazed at her in silence for a few seconds, furrowing his eyebrows in suspicion. Deciding to just go with the flow, the fortune teller patted the girl's shoulder softly, "I see. Nice to meet you Ashley!" he beamed, back to his cheerful demeanor.

"If you want, I can show you around the place so you won't get lost." The albino offered, eyeing the black-haired girl with a soft gaze.

"Ah, yes...! That would be very nice!" Ashley responded almost immediately, nodding her head quickly in agreement.

Fye chuckled at the girl's excitement, leading the girl deeper into the manor.

---[★]---[★]---[★]---

Fye opened the door in front of him, revealing a room full of bookshelves. The room itself smells like books.

"This is the library," Fye exclaimed, leading Ashley inside the library before closing the door behind them, "I haven't really checked but I guess the books here are entertaining, since Holmes seems to like this place so much." he added.

"Holmes?" Ashley questioned, slightly tilting her head in confusion, earning a chuckle from the albino man.

"He should be around here, just like usual..." Fye mumbled, walking to a nearest shelf, "ah! There he is!"