CHAPTER 1 - Nearly Home

EMERALD'S POV

I and my friends get out of the car immediately after we had stop. We saw a hotel along our way and we decided to stay for the night. Its been 5 days of continuous driving and we all needed to have a proper rest.

"Two rooms please." Tristan said to the receptionist.

"This way sir." she answered holding the keys of the rooms.

I and Valentine shared the same room while the three boys are on the other room.

"You know you should tend to your mate sometimes." I said to Val as soon as I closed the door.

"We can do that later but not tonight. We are all tired, Princess."

After we have fix our things, we alternate in taking a shower before going to bed.

My name is Divine Emerald but my friends call me Princess because of the rank I hold in our pack. I belong to the bloodline, a family who are born to lead a pack especially if you are a male. In my case, I'm the only daughter of my parents so that makes me not to lead but to assist the male Alpha and be a Luna.

I and my friends are Lycans, the descendants of all the wolf packs in the world. We call our pack as the White Mountain Pack, its because our fur is white and we love to live in the mountain. We are known to be extinct 65 years ago because of the war between packs and our kind, but we were able to survive. We went into hiding to buy us time to multiply.

Our pack is known for our Gifts, a special power added in our strengths and we are a great weapon for wars. The thing is, we don't initiate wars. We only go to war because we need to defend and protect our pack especially the vulnerables.

Our pack home is hidden to all. No one knows where we live and when a lycan goes out, the memory of the place will be remove from them. Its one of our greatest defense. That is what happened to the five of us, no memory of where exactly we came from.

We have been on the road for two years looking for our mate. We travel from pack to pack to look and as well as train warriors while we stay in their pack. 

I and my pack, Valentine, Shade and Chase has been friends for a very long time. Tristan is a new pack member.

Shade is the oldest. He is 104 years old but still look like in mid 30s, thanks for our Lycan blood. He is our pack warrior. He can kill wolves using only his hands. And he train packs and us also, especially me, who do not like shifting. Although he is a warrior he also happens to be the fastest among us. That's what makes him the deadliest warrior.

Tristan and Valentine are true mates. Val met Tristan on the first pack we visited. Tristan is a pack doctor, an ordinary wolf and the youngest of us. Tristan got his Lycan wolf after mating with Valentine. It made him much more stronger doctor in which we call Healer. He can heal in an extraordinary ways.

The mating of Val and Tristan gave us the idea that anyone who mate us, me, Shade and Chase, will be a Lycan even if they are not our true mate. So we need to be extra careful. This is a dangerous mission after all.

Valerie is a long range fighter and a shield in a close range fight. We are the same because a female lycan is born to be a shield. We only need a training to improve it.

Chase on the other hand is our Tracker and our Adviser. He is the greatest tracker that I know and he also gives us wisdom and advises us when we need one. He is four years younger than Shade. He is a sweet talker thats why others especially girls are easily fooled by him.

* * * * * *

I and Val woke up late the next morning. We called the boys and they said they are already at the hotel restaurant and waiting for us.

"Good morning, girls." Shade greeted us.

"Good morning boys." Val answered. "Good morning babe." she greeted her mate with a kiss on the lips.

"Get a room." said Chase.

"I miss you babe." Tristan said, ignoring the comment of Chase.

"I miss you too babe." Val said and peck a kiss on Tristans cheek.

"Stop the lovey-dovey moment, guys. We've got company." I told them as soon as I sense werewolves entering the restaurant. I and Val immediately activated our shield to cover our scents. Its a natural defend of all female Lycans.

Shield in one of our great defense that's why we can roam around even inside a pack without them noticing that we are Lycans. They will only see us as humans because our scents are hidden under the shield and as long as we stay close to one another.

To explain the use of shield; shield is a natural defense of female lycans. It is use to defend us to other male lycans or wolf who are trying to harm us. Only mates of a female lycan can pass through the shield naturally. Shield can also be extended to another person. This requires training before a female can totally control it to shield another person. It can also be use to hide scents. This is my and Val's ability.

The group of wolves composes of five males and one girl. As they pass our table we all notice the power carried by one of them.

"A beta." Shade mind-linked us all.

"Definitely." I answered back. "Im hungry." I added looking at Shade.

"Lets buy you something to eat Princess." He said standing up and grab my hands. Val needs to stay at the table to shield the two boys and no one is advice to go alone when we are surrounded by wolves. Its our little rule for our group.

I and Shade went to order foods and he help me carrying them all. After we finish our breakfast, all of us went to our rooms together, never leaving no one.

In the room, we made a different sleeping schedules. I and Val need to separate rooms to shield the males. Shade and Chase wanted to sleep in a room with me, which leaves Val and Tristan together in the other room. I didnt hear any complains because the two couples love their alone time like this one. Tomorrow, we are going to visit another pack.

Our rule in visiting packs are simple. First is, no one shift unless necessary. Why? Because all of our wolf is white as snow, anyone with a knowledge of white wolves will definitely get interested to us. Second, never let your guards down. This includes our shield, and scent. Third, never tell the packs secret to anyone. Fourth, never get relationship with anyone unless it is our true mate. Last but not the least is, never let anyone see you when the Wolf Moon is out. Humans call it new moon. Many things happens to us during the Wolf Moon. It is in this night that our lycan mark  will glow and we transform into our wolf to give praise to our mother, the Moon. It is our monthly ritual and we do it secretly to keep the existence of white wolves hidden to others.

Our main reason of being out in this world and travelling from pack to pack is to find our true mate. The number of lycans has slowed down because we cannot multiple without our mate. Only with our true mate, we can bare a child or a pup as to what we call out young ones. Our chances of meeting our mate within our own pack is very rare because we are confined within. We decided to go outside our pack to get the chance of meeting out mate. Although its to dangerous, we still did. My parents objected the idea, but agreed when Shade and Chase volunteered to accompany me. 

I never know what I really wanted in life. Being a bloodline and also a Princess gives me much pressure. I don't know if I can lead a pack, but my friends were to considerate. Thanks to them because they help me on my trials especially not that I am their Alpha. I hope I find my mate soon and maybe learn what I really want and what I'm really capable of.